Motivational Quotes

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mxjones, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

"It's only pain."

TW on his bad knee during the US open.

#41     Sep 15, 2008
  2. mxjones

mxjones

Good quotes - thanks guys.

I like this one from Mark Cuban...I am not sure it falls under motivational, but it is a good outlook to have.

"Today is the youngest you will ever be. Act like it."

#42     Sep 15, 2008
  3. "Take what you can, give nothing back!"

Mr gibbs. (Pirates of the Carribbean)

#43     Sep 15, 2008
  4. "Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."

John Dewey

#44     Sep 15, 2008
  5. gucci

gucci

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.

Kenji Miyazawa;

The greatest mistake a man can make is to be afraid of making one.

Elbert Hubbard;

We are never living,but only hoping to live; and, looking forward always to being happy, it is inevitable that we never are so.

Pascal.

#45     Sep 16, 2008
  6. sumosam

sumosam

Good posts. I like affirmations as well. One I have on the front of my trading journal...Only good lies before me.

Louise Hay

#46     Sep 20, 2008
  7. Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.

George Herman "Babe" Ruth

#47     Sep 20, 2008
  8. I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.

We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Winners are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.

Once you agree upon the price you and your family must pay for success, it enables you to ignore the minor hurts, the opponent's pressure, and the temporary failures.

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.

Vince Lombardi

#48     Sep 20, 2008
  9. I've done so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.

#49     Sep 20, 2008
  10. Cause there's only one reason for doing anything that you set out to do. if you don't want to be the best, then there's no reason going out and trying to accomplish anything.

Winners, I am convinced, imagine their dreams first. They want it with all their heart and expect it to come true. There is, I believe, no other way to live.

Joe Montana

#50     Sep 20, 2008