Motivational Quotes

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mxjones, Aug 25, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

"Hope in one hand, crap into the other... see which gets filled first" -- Grandpa's Wisdom

#31     Sep 15, 2008
  2. "Never, never, never, never, never give up."

Winston Churchill

#32     Sep 15, 2008
  3. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Nelson Mandela

#33     Sep 15, 2008
  4. You came to see a race today. To see someone win. It happened to be me. But I want you to do more than just watch a race. I want you to take part in it. I want to compare faith to running in a race. It's hard. It requires concentration of will, energy of soul. You experience elation when the winner breaks the tape - especially if you've got a bet on it. But how long does that last? You go home. Maybe you're dinner's burnt. Maybe you haven't got a job. So who am I to say, "Believe, have faith," in the face of life's realities? I would like to give you something more permanent, but I can only point the way. I have no formula for winning the race. Everyone runs in her own way, or his own way. And where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within...

Chariots of Fire (1981)

Eric Liddell:

#34     Sep 15, 2008
  5. The wind does not wait for the tree to bend.

Black Rain

#35     Sep 15, 2008
  6. “Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death”

Miyamoto Musashi

“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Do nothing which is of no use.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Aspire to be like Mt. Fuji, with such a broad and solid foundation that the strongest earthquake cannot move you, and so tall that the greatest enterprises of common men seem insignificant from your lofty perspective. With your mind as high as Mt Fuji you can see all things clearly. And you can see all the forces that shape events; not just the things happening near to you.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“All things entail rising and falling timing. You must be able to discern this.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment...”

Miyamoto Musashi

#36     Sep 15, 2008
  7. MGJ

MGJ

"Every fighter has a plan, until he gets hit in the mouth." -- Mike Tyson

"The city won't install a traffic light at that corner, until a fatal accident occurs there. The only thing that really gets their attention is: dead bodies." -- J. Nathan Powell

#37     Sep 15, 2008
  8. My quote under tough circumstance is "never let them see you sweat".

Most recently though, I picked up a tid bit from Lehman management. "Always be and act definitive, you can always call the customer back in the morning and tell them you have thought it over and you've changed your mind".

Of course that was the saying yesterday. I'm not sure if they have a new quote today.

#38     Sep 15, 2008
  9. Pain is just a state of mind

Brutus :D

#39     Sep 15, 2008
  10. Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

Spartan King Leonidas

(apply this to your trading)

#40     Sep 15, 2008