Motivational Quotes

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mxjones, Aug 25, 2008.

1. #11     Aug 26, 2008
  2. mxjones

mxjones

Thanks for the input so far.

BeatingtheSP500 - kind of the opposite of what I was looking for, but hilarious.

newtoet - great blog, that is what I need. Have you read The Tad Principle and do you recommend it?

#12     Aug 26, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Good one for trading. To succeed, you must get "some of them right", and avoid "big losers".

And one I especially like... "Better to aim for the moon and come up a bit short, than aim for a cow pie and hit dead center" --- Art Williams, Georgia HS football coach

#13     Aug 26, 2008
  4. Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.

Paris Hilton

#14     Aug 26, 2008
  5. eagle

eagle

:D

Thats we have to be very cautious when meet with this type of woman who want it all. She's completely right any way.

For men, we want two things - get paid and get laid.

I met an 80 years old plus at the gym, healthy and look much younger than his age. He said that we have to take care ourselves first by doing regular exercise, always, for these three ultimate goals - eat well, sleep well and f**k well. The rest is not important.

#15     Aug 26, 2008
  6. rawfist

rawfist

"Shut the fuck up and calculate"

-- Neils Bohr

#16     Aug 26, 2008
  7. Johno

Johno

" This is an urgent call, we need more margin!"

It's surprising how quickly this can motivate someone into focusing their complete and undivided attention!

Regards

Johno

#17     Aug 27, 2008
  8. Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

Tom Callahan

#18     Aug 27, 2008
  9. newtoet

newtoet

Yes I have read it, and it is a great resource. I highly recommend it. Of course, at the end of the day it comes down to whether or not you want to change and implement the concepts.

There was a thread here on it, and there are some good testimonials on the site and net.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78868&highlight=the+tad+principle

#19     Aug 27, 2008
  10. "Our doubts are our traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" --- Shakespeare

#20     Aug 27, 2008