Motivational Quotes

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mxjones, Aug 25, 2008.

1. mxjones

mxjones

I like reading motivational quotes every morning to get me in the right mindset. Here are a few of my favorites:

"He who overcomes others has force; he who overcomes himself is strong."...Lao Tzu

"Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."...William Faulkner

"Time is limited, so I better wake up every morning fresh and know that I have just one chance to live this particular day right, and to string my days together into a life of action and purpose."

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

Lance Armstrong

"Go at life every day with passion and enthusiasm... and when challenges arrive, simply do not give up."...Rick Wagoner

"There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything."...Vince Lombardi

Share yours.

2. Most of the important things in the world [life] have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

Dale Carnegie

3. I'm currently involved in a "no hope at all" endeavor, you know why I keep on trying? I want to see what will happen.

4. seadog

seadog

You only fail...when you quit.

5. Keep posting.

6. newtoet

newtoet

You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong.
    - Warren Buffett

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right.
    - Henry Ford

7. newtoet

newtoet

FYI - a good source of quotes is this blog...they update it a few times a week so just add it to your feed.

You can go back and see a few year's worth too.

http://www.thetadprinciple.blogspot.com/

8. Picaso

Picaso

Related to trading - the way I see it:

Pick challenges big enough to matter,
    Small enough to win
    Jonathan Kozol

Opportunity is a bird that never perches
    Claude McDonald

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win." Bobby Knight -

"It's not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change" -- Darwin.

Best trading,

Jorge

9. "In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey" -- Beck

:)

10. Darwin was an idiot and racist, but Bobby Knight hit it right on the head. Like us wanting to be in shape but unwilling to invest the two hours per day needed to make that change.

Success.

#10     Aug 26, 2008