Motivation for Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Barbarian, Feb 12, 2002.

1. LOL, nope it probably isn't good.... but I can't blame you since I'm the same way myself! :)

#31     Feb 14, 2002
  2. Can you imagine making so much money that you don't know what to do with?? Stuff it in a shoe box?; in a closet?; piled it up all over your bed?

I always dream of having a room 20' * 20' that is stuffed full with $100 bills. MAN!! what a trip that would be.

But money is just the means to an end.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WITH ALL THOSE MONEY?

I want to live completely free of financial worries, for the rest of my life and EXPERIENCE all EARTH has to offer. The thought of knowing that I can do whatever I want, however I want to do it and whenever I want to do it for the rest of my life without having to worry if I would have money for rent or food is so liberating, so EXCITING, it motivates me to wake up every morning and hit the buy or sell buttons thousands of times a day.

Might sound weird, but I can't think of any other jobs out there that can offer you at least the possiblities of making tons of money but not costing you tons of time.

Don't forget we do have to die sometimes. lol.

Better achieve your goals sooner than later.

#32     Feb 23, 2002
  3. dstod

dstod

I graduated from NYU in May of last year. Don't know how I made it through Senior year, as I skipped so many classes trading from my dorm.

Recently, I received a listing of where all my fellow business school graduates are working. It was funny how many were working for the same companies, with the same job titles.

Unfortunately, I didn't send in my info in time to be included in the book as I would have been proud to be the only Proprietary Trader in there.

After going through a year of ups and downs financially and psychologically in the markets last year, I am proud that I stuck it through and am now profitable.

I wanted to trade because as Stockkbroker says, if you make it you will be able to truly live life to the fullest.

I truly believe that to be successful at trading, you have to be able to fully understand yourself. During my trading journey, I have not only finally begun to make money, but I have learned to be a more patient and understanding person as well.

I realized late last year that in order to be successful at this business, I had to look deep inside of myself and address the psychological barriers in my life that were interfering with my trading.

Fortunately, I have dealt with many of these barriers and it has resulted in a vast improvement in my trading. This will be an ongoing process, but I am glad that through my love of trading not only will I be financially free, but I will be able to fully enjoy life and be the best person I can be.

I wouldn't dream of doing anything else for a living!

#33     Feb 23, 2002