Motivation for Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Barbarian, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Howza 'bout dress-down Monday's, Tuesday's, Wednesday's, Thursday's, and Friday's. :)

#21     Feb 13, 2002
  2. Hitman

Hitman

The potential to gain financial freedom that allows me to do anything I want for my love.

#22     Feb 13, 2002
  3. For me it's :
    dress down Mon-Fri (although I didn't mind wearing suits)
    having no boss!
    the challenge, I think Don Bright said it well...
    the freedom to do what ever the hell I want...ski,golf, whatever, any time any day
    no commute is nice, not trying to find parking,...but I admit I do miss the office pal lunches...looking at the girl interns...flirting with the ladies downtown

and here's one more piece of motivation, not one I need, but maybe one day I'll be able to just have enough to pick one up...for a goof

• 9117.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
    #23     Feb 13, 2002
  4. Atlantic

Atlantic

for me it's the first job with a boss that i like. because the market is my boss - and the market is always right. no discussions about this or that. :)

#24     Feb 13, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

Geez, where would I start?

1) Pay and pay raises are determined by your own performace, at your own pace.

2) The dress code is great.

3) Only you can fire yourself - and if you do get fired, you will very likely figure out some way to come back!

4) It allows for a certain amount of science to be done, even though it is not a "scientific" field.

5) Really, it engages both sides of my brain at one time more so than just about anything else that I do. "Ordinary" human beings are rarely given a chance to do this day in and day out. If there was only some way to also make it physically healthy as well...

nitro

#25     Feb 13, 2002
  6. mbt3

mbt3

Hi all..I've only just found this site..and I'm pleased I have..

Motivation..well they,ve all seemed to be covered..all I would like to add is perhaps a thought for the point or the line, that marks our threshold..our limit..my eyes are more cast upon this and the psycological and philosophical implications of the "abyss"..the truerer meaning of courage and the desire to be more than we are..for the good that is..Trading does offer a rare arena of limitless possibilty..this is both a privalidge and a distroyer..depending on how well one understands or is aware of the concept..

Regards and best wishes.."if life were the race and death the obvious finish line..well then.... why rush..!!" mbt3

#26     Feb 13, 2002
  7. T/A_Bo

T/A_Bo

Freedom is #1...

Economic freedom, as you can as a totally independent trader provide for yourself and your family an excellent living.

Personal freedom, I'm pretty much done with my trades by 11:00 AM, after that my stops are in and I can work on my business, and any other interests that I may have. (I have a million hobbies)

So many folks seem to talk about trading as if they need to prove something. For me, the joy is in NOT having to prove anything to anybody. If I can make the money I desire in a consistent low stress manner, I have won... why should I need to gloat to the world about this fact? If I want to rub somebodies face in defeat, I'll go play volleyball :D

PJ's..... Did I mention how much fun it is to pull down more money then most of my peers make in a week before breakfast WHILE in my PJ's???

I love my life :)

"Pursue Your Passions And Never Work A Day In Your Life" :)

-Bo

#27     Feb 13, 2002
  8. Nitro

." If there was only some way to also make it physically healthy as well... "

This is possible too. I have a treadmill facing my computers. When the adrenalin gets going I jump on that damn thing and run like crazy. I'm in better shape than I've been in years.
    :D

#28     Feb 13, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

:) :) :)

ROTFLOL

nitro

#29     Feb 13, 2002
  10. I actually really enjoy my "day job", so for me there's only one reason: I love looking at charts, back testing, coming up with new indicators and every other aspect of trading. This probably isn't good: but I'd rather trade than eat...

#30     Feb 14, 2002