MOTHER of all Psy Ops campaign to begin soon....just watch!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AMT4SWA, Sep 29, 2008.

1. That's true that some businesses need to go away, but that's gonna spike unemployment, which increases civil unrest. I've got the ammo, but trying not to use it :)

#21     Oct 1, 2008

2. That's the thing: on CNBC they talk as if it's a foregone conclusion that the bailout plan will "save the economy" - as if the plan will save us from recession. In their arguments, it's like "oh, you want the economy to fail so you can punish some rich wall street people?" It's complete bullshit, because there is very little reason to believe that the plan would be at all helpful to the economy.

It remind me of the argument "oh, you want the terrorists to win?" My fear is that the avg. american won't see through their obvious ploys, but maybe I underestimate the avg. american (or maybe not)

#22     Oct 1, 2008
  3. bit

bit

Unfortunately, it's been my sad experience to rarely underestimate the average American.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe - Albert Einstein

#23     Oct 1, 2008
  4. perfect example here, on yahoo

article goes into the 'psychological' reasons people arent buying it, with the solid presuposition that the public is wrong

author shows ZERO obligation to say why they're right

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20081001/us_time/whyarentamericansbuyingthebailout

clearly the 'emergerncy broadcast system' at work here (100 % heavy handed propaganda)

most people forget, how much the media played a role in propagandizing Iraq in 2002

they didnt 'fail to do their job', they did it perfectly, repeating the same lies over and over to a hypnotized public

#24     Oct 1, 2008
  5. Zoe Lofgren voted for the bailout. But she also pushed for a massive guest worker bill in the space of the same week You really think she's looking out for American citizen's (the people who pay for this) jobs?

this isnt about saving jobs, they're giving the jobs to foreigners no matter what

it's about fucking the public

House Judiciary Com. to Vote Today on Foreign-Worker Bills
    Updated Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 10:00 AM

Public Notice for Markup Given in Dead of Night Yesterday

The House Judiciary Committee will take up two foreign-worker bills today: H.R. 5882, which would add an additional 550,000 permanent green cards; and H.R. 5924, which would add 20,000 additional foreign nurses per year for three years (plus their families). Please contact your U.S. Representative through the Capitol Switchboard (202-224-3121) and ask him/her to do everything possible to stop the passage of these bills. The Committee waited until late last night to give notice for the markup, presumably in an effort to avoid public scrutiny.

H.R. 5882 – "Recapturing Unused Employer-Sponsored Visas"
    This legislation is similar to the measure that Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) is using to hijack debate on E-Verify reauthorization in the Senate. The bill’s sponsor, Immigration Subcommittee Chairman Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif), claims it would “recapture unused employer-sponsored visas” from as far back as 1991 and then add them to the current numerical cap of 140,000 employer-sponsored visas that are available each year. Current law, however, clearly states that any employer-sponsored visas not used in one year are allocated to the family-preference categories in the following year. That means that there are no “unused” visas from past years to “recapture

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/s...

#25     Oct 1, 2008

6. I agree with you 100%, but I'm also ready to be surprised at any time. Just like there's no sure thing in trading, there's no sure thing period. Sometimes people go on being ignorant and lazy for decades, and then just <i>one thing</i> will set them off, and they say "we're not laying down for this shit anymore".

I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but it <i>could</i> happen. For example, I'm completely surprised that there is any appreciable public outrage about the bill at all; I figured that americans would just eat it like they ate the iraq war. I thought the same thing about Congress, too.

Now, they will probably <i>eventually</i> end up eating it one way or another, but they fact that they raised their voice even a little bit was surprising, wouldn't you say?

#26     Oct 1, 2008
  7. I love how even conservatives are spewing the 'main street is being affected, payrolls are being threatened, auto loans are drying up' bullshit now.

If you ever wondered if the media was a collective Tokyo Rose propagandist organization, here's your prima facie proof.

Auto and home loans, and credit in general, is drying up because banks have change their lending standards. Even IF this bill helped to re-liquidate them, that wouldn't change.

I have yet to hear or see a single case of payrolls being 'threatened' if this legislation isn't forced down our throats.

Total crock of shit. The spike in LIBOR was the ultimate clever scheme. Props to them for creating the 'crisis' to allow them to accomplish their goals.

#27     Oct 1, 2008
  8. Exactly. I just saw some Cal congresswoman on TV who stated that we HAVE to have this. When presented with the fact that the market has rallied past few days she said "that's because the market knows we are going to pass this".

How could she possibly know that?! fucking politicians.....

#28     Oct 1, 2008
  9. indexer

indexer

I have heard rumors that some of the big companies that want this bailout have hired telemarketing companies to call congressional offices to say they are in favor of the bailout.

Also, companies are sending out emails to their employees scaring them to death and telling them to call their congressman.

#29     Oct 1, 2008
  10. Eagle8

Eagle8

If they are going to do the bailout and I think they have to how come the consumer who is footing the bill doesn't get some kind of equity stake in the banks for this buffett style generosity. Maybe 5% state ownership in every bank that does business in America and which has material toxic assets on its books.
    Not really unfair nationalisation as these goons have got us in to this state with their risk modelling that didn't work.

#30     Oct 1, 2008