mother of all halts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob111, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Bob111

Bob111

2. Tavurth

Tavurth

Laughable to see how even a country of 1.4 billion people can get something so wrong.
    How can the market be free to rise if all the small holders are unloading at high prices?

The only hope China had in this situation was the capitulation of investors, giving the marketplace new breath.

3. Shanghai Down 5% again as we speak. A communist market that has nothing whatsoever to do with democracy and a rule based society nor stock market. A country where companies can shut down and halt trading in their shares whenever they desire is a JOKE. What about those who want to realize a loss and get out of a position? They need to do so at another 20% down when the stocks reopen? What a disgrace. We have to be tougher on China. What the UK is doing is a disgrace and is destroying all the efforts Central Europe, Japan, and numerous other countries are doing, which is to pressure them on human rights violations, counterfeiting, and blatant violations of international maritime law. No, the UK is bending over and willingly offers its behind.

>1000 companies halted is the implementation of martial law and has nothing to do with economics or a free market.

i960 likes this.
  4. I am afraid you get this whole situation all a bit wrong: It is not about anyone offloading. In a free market investors should be permitted to get in or out whenever it pleases them. The problem here is that companies can choose for themselves to halt trading in their own stocks. This is the issue at hand and it will greatly damage the reputation of this young market because international fund managers will be very careful to not ever overweight China again in their portfolios for the foreseeable future.

TooOldForThis and i960 like this.
  5. luisHK

luisHK

Blah Blah Blah... are you so afraid China will force you to pack your pink panties and get the fuck out of HK ( which would be a shame for Germany if it sends you back home) ?
    It's quite a blessing imo China (and Russia to a lesser extent) are on this planet to rein in the outreach of western governments.
    But definetely be careful if one want to invest in China, it's not quite the same as in western countries.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  6. SGX A50 is down 7.5%, it has been hammered that's for sure.

edit..make that 9%

edit again..make that 9.8%..crazy

7. Shanghai down 6%, love it. This sucker needs to devalue by another 30% or so to return to realistic valuations.

Edit: Down 6.4%

8. yeah not quite the same, corruption and rampant insider trading. Companies that halt their share trading whenever it pleases them. Welcome to the Chinese market, sucker. Truly fair an equitable, lol.

Edit: Shanghai down 6.6%, let this sucker drowwwwwwnnnnnnnn, will China step into the market in 5 minutes, 2 hours, tonight or tomorrow?

FCXoptions likes this.
  9. Are you all watching the A50? Just got halted I believe, 0 bids and -10%!

edit: just started trading again

10. luisHK

luisHK

HK down 5% as well, I have a small buy and hold position there,might increase it at the end of the summer.
    China markets are panicky indeed, government announcements aiming to support the market almost daily but still crashing, I will be in SZ in August, wonder how the atmosphere will be, I suspect I'll hear less about the fantastic insider tips everyone and their dogs seemed to receive only a few weeks ago.
    If Volpunter thinks I'm losing money in China, well, that's another of Voly's brillant assessments, although it might happen later, lose here, win there, that's the way it goes when you have a few bucks in a few markets.

#10     Jul 8, 2015