motely fool says 95% onfday traders out in 6 months

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by stockripper, Sep 13, 2005.

1. KevinK

KevinK Guest

:p

#31     Sep 14, 2005
  2. newguy1

newguy1

I agree.

#32     Sep 15, 2005
  3. I'm joining up with a prop firm soon. I am determined to make it as a trader. Here are my thoughts before I go into battle. My apologies if I sound like Stuart Smalley from the old Saturday Night Live skits...

I will be realistic about my trading and I know I will have to take losses before I can begin to have winning trades.

I will keep my losses small and will get out of trades quickly if they aren't going well to preserve my capital.

I will never double down on a loss.

This will be a slow tedious process at first. It may take 10 years until I can begin to look at Jaguars (even though they look like Ford Contours now).

I will listen to the suggestions of others especially the traders that consistently make money day in and day out.

I will read the tape every day and study past trades and winning trades of others to learn.

I will share knowledge with others and will never claim to know everything there is to know.

I am well aware of the trader failure rate and accept those odds. I know from my past experiences that I will move in a positive direction if I try my hardest and ask intelligent questions and review my results on a regular basis.

Gotta hop, time to walk the dog and then hit the hay.

#33     Sep 28, 2005
  4. All easy to say hard to do. Nothing the other 95% didn't say/do and they still bowed out. Wrong time to even bother with this gig. What the markets need is LESS daytraders and hedge funds and more investors. The remaining traders, robots and hedge funds are sucking the crap out of this market, hence the shitty volatility and road to nowhere. Not a promising environment for anybody to start in.

#34     Sep 28, 2005
  5. Choad

Choad

Sounds like you're good enough, you're smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like you! :D

#35     Sep 28, 2005
  6. Risktaker,

If you can't beat 'em join 'em. I came to the conclusion that buy and hold is actually buy and hope. A sideways market is a trader's market, so longer term investors should use caution in these times. JMO.

Later,

MyOwnBoss

#36     Oct 4, 2005
  7. jason_l

jason_l

Stick with the real Jag - the XJ.. the "contour" looking ones are beginner jags :) I had an XJ8 for a while, and it was amazing how many people didn't realize that they still made the big jag! Every week I'd get a comment "I love those old jags!" - it was brand new!

#37     Oct 4, 2005