motely fool says 95% onfday traders out in 6 months

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by stockripper, Sep 13, 2005.

1. are they including Liquidity traders?

:p

#11     Sep 13, 2005
  2. In the snake pit of vendors, only one trader has the talent & integrity to be worthy of consideration. Her name is LBR.

#12     Sep 14, 2005
  3. Moreagr

Moreagr

newbies expect to much to fast and get killed... i was one of the lucky and persistent ones. I NEVER GAVE UP!! no matter how many years it took off my life. it can be reversed in most cases. i'll get those years back.

#13     Sep 14, 2005
  4. KuJaX

KuJaX

Why are any of you here if you are losing money almost everyday?

#14     Sep 14, 2005
  5. For many, it's an addiction, like gambling, alcohol or tobacco.

#15     Sep 14, 2005
  6. That wouldn't make sense for me: I feel so bad when I lose I have to take a breathing, I can't keep trading and losing that would kill my confidence and my self esteem. If I take a significant loss I pause, suffer, recover, analyze and try to learn; and then move on but with a different mind-set and attitude, more like if that loss would have given me something.
    So far this way I somewhat contained my losses

#16     Sep 14, 2005

7. transparancy......rofl

#17     Sep 14, 2005
  8. With all due respect to RM and LBR herself, I find the juxtaposition of "vendor" and "integrity" triggering an alert on the Bullshitometer.

#18     Sep 14, 2005
  9. Are you surprised by numbers that say a vast majority of "traders" fail ? Just how do you define a "trader" ?

You really dont have a business if you have no capital, no business plan, and no experience.

If you added up the people that had these threee attributes and asked the question as to how many were still in business a year later the number would be quite a bit higher than 1%.

Most of these surveys - this one and the other one by the "accountant" who cant keep his mouth shut about his clients books - are poorly constructed and based upon biased samples.

Take them for what they are worth .. that is nothing.

#19     Sep 14, 2005
  10. Sounds about right...

#20     Sep 14, 2005