Mostly mouth, no brains

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by themickey, Sep 6, 2022.

1. themickey

themickey

What is it with the posters on ET of late?
    Nigh on 100% of posts these days are comments which just lack constructive substance.
    Post after posts of comments which is just meaningless babble, much of it not even funny.
    Years ago on ET there seemed to be sensible constructive debate, now it seems more and more is just idle chatter about nothing, not educational, not funny, not interesting, not constructive or meaningful, just hot n cold air.
    It seems idiots are taking over, lowering standards, encouraging more idiocracy.
    Maybe a limit should be placed on how frequently one can post, this would force posters to ration the amount of bs they can talk.

KDASFTG and cesfx like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Every single one of my posts is funny when meant to be, otherwise they are just about trading. So maybe it is YOU that have changed. Getting older? :)

Besides, you know the summer months are when traders tend to go on vacation. More serious talk will come as we head into the holidays and traders deal with the shithole month for stocks that is September.

3. themickey

themickey

I was wondering that, but if I'm getting older so are others, but I've also noticed many of the old hands on ET rarely comment these days.
    The young inexperienced guys seem to talk the most, which is probably obvious for them to do that, but their IQ content level seems low and the bs content high, this includes waffle.

4. Overnight

Overnight

This definitely means you are getting old, because what does "this includes waffle" mean? You are not clear on this point. So I will interpret it for you old man, since we seniors need to stick together.

I don't think you have Waffle Houses down in Australia, but it is prolly a good thing.

So the mystery remains about your waffle statement.

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

A lot of crap is being allowed accordingly to others here at the forum that don't even say anything here in the feedback section.

Nothing you can do about it other than control your own posting and let happen what's going to happen.

I prefer to look at it this way, whatever you post here is no longer your content. Yet, you can control what you post here and try very hard to ignore the stupidity. Yet, when you get very good at ignoring the idiocracy...it will piss off the idiots and they will take it to a whole new level while they don't understand you're not required to play their idiocracy games.

Also, I see members on both sides making threats here at the forum, and that in itself is a sign of what's really going on in America...social media too.

Their latest trick is to make threats or troll members here at the forum by naming members in their images instead of as a message post that can be easily documented about their troll posting habits.

You just need to stay a step ahead of them. I myself have a way to navigate the forum while "not logged into the forum" but have blocked their images so that it's broken (not viewable) so that I'm no longer dependent upon the forum's ignore/block that only works while logged in while having a known glitch in the "last message post" icon that helps to encourage the idiocracy to continue.

Simply, I now have the idiocracy blocked while logged in and blocked while logged out. :sneaky:

images-blocked-by-browser.png

The forum is now a lot nicer. Yet, as stated months ago, I'll be posting a lot less here and I'm OK with that.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  6. themickey

themickey

waffle
    verb
    1. speak or write at length in a vague or trivial manner.
      'he waffled on about his problems'
      synonyms: prattle, chatter, babble, ramble, jabber, gibber, gabble, gab, burble, run on, mutter, mumble, prate, drivel, bleat, cackle, hum and haw, blather, rabbit, witter, natter, flannel
    2. fail to make up one's mind.
      'Joseph had been waffling over where to go'
    noun
    1. lengthy but vague or trivial talk or writing.
      'we've edited out some of the waffle'
      synonyms: prattle, jabbering, verbiage, drivel, meaningless talk, nonsense, twaddle, gibberish, stuff and nonsense, bunkum, mumbo jumbo, padding, verbosity, prolixity, hot air, poppycock, tripe, bosh, bunk, blah, hogwash, eyewash, gobbledygook, tommyrot, guff, rot, wittering, flannel, logorrhoea

7. Overnight

Overnight

No, that is BS. Stop being con-corded by "dictionary.com" or whatever the fuck! Your statement made no sense.

"Waffling" is what would have made sense! All the rest is crap-ass!

Your analysis sucks, I now crave waffles, and so now YOU suck. See what you did Larry??

8. P***y! Loser! Mummy or Daddy here can't help you. ALL YOUR problems are in the chart of Australian Stock Exchange Index. It has its noonoo in your bum. Pull it out and you will not need this thread.

upload_2022-9-7_8-48-16.png

9. Another way to solve your problem ............

Become MG's b*tch :)

10. cesfx

cesfx

Did he mention your name for you to go on the offensive?

Do you consider yourself a troll?

Someone who post useless info and just use and abuse data and oxygen?

Maybe you just like the forum when is populated by idiots?

Does your dick feels slightly bigger and harder only when around idiots?

It's true that the quality of content is down. I guess it's a reflection of our numb society, internet warriors and attention craving losers.

#10     Sep 7, 2022