Most volatile stock/futures/forex/... instrument to daytrade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by siki13, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Hi def,

Is it still your opinion that Kospi 200 is more volatile than hang Seng? I find that the reverse is true and that hang Seng Is more tradeable.

#21     May 13, 2006
  2. def

def Sponsor

don't confuse most volatile with most tradeable. At the time of my prior post, Hang Seng was fairly stable and Korea was all over the place. The past week all markets in Asia were a bit insane. Japan for example had over a huge intraday move on Friday. For myself, if I had to choose one product I'd probably choose HSI for the simple reason that I've been watching it day in day out for 11+ years. However, why limit yourself to one product? There's plenty of screen space to keep track of HSI, HHI, N225 (SGXNK) and K200 and even SPI at the same time. Each have their own characteristics and when your primary product is rangebound, you might find some nice trends in another product.

#22     May 13, 2006
  3. rosy

rosy

agreed. electricity and natural gas

#23     May 13, 2006
  4. spreads between indices are also not that tame...especially ftse/dow.

edit; fyi it's a single instrument.

#24     May 13, 2006
  5. Cheese

Cheese

Index futures give consistent volatility. The DOW (YM) generally has high volatility and some days it can really move around very big style. However there are different takes on the nature of the volatility of the various index futures by effective ET players.

Liquidity is only going to grow in index futures; they are no where near fully developed markets because, even if participation is currently good, there is going to be greater participation in the future and year on year.
    :)

#25     May 28, 2006