Most volatile liquid markets to trade - serious question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ShadowHunter, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Ive been trading on and off for 21 years including some market making in energy. Ive recently cashed some longer term investments and am very liquid. I'm at the age now where I don't want to sit in front of screens all day, in fact I want to avoid that. 30 mins per day maximum. Been there and done that 12 hour a day market making in the energy curves back in the day.

Ive just kicked off my trading buying some Brent crude Feb21 at 43.79, it's a long term play to 50.00. If it drops to 35.00 I will do some more, then if it drops to 20.00 I will do a final clip. There is no time line to it, I don't need the money, I could afford to lose it all but I won't. I would have have bought the Dec21 contract if I had my futures account re-opened with IB, IG markets would only do Feb21 as the furthest contract out, no worries as if needed to I will just roll it before expiry.

Here is the question? I am very familiar with energy futures but are there any more volatile markets out there, I just want price movement to trade.

With commodities in this style of 'scale trading' I am long only, I will never short. I had a quick look and US OTC stocks looked appealing, again long only. I could effectively by at say 50c, do more at 30c, 15c, 5c long only the only risk is if the stock gets delisted which is a very real risk with these shitty stocks. Hence will limit each holding to 10% of my trading account. Bear in mind my trading account is sub 10% of my net worth so I can afford to lose it all without holing below the waterline.

Does anyone else know any more volatile instruments to trade?

thanks

ShadowHunter

2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

depends on the size you trade i only trade the es and know you can flip 1500 contracts at a time but other than bond markets - what others can you do that, i would like to know myself without trying it?

3. Hi Mark. It's mainly volatility I am after, liquidity is a secondary consideration.

4. 2rosy

2rosy

oil, gold, silver

5. traider

traider

You can use a stock screener like finviz or use barchart to screen for highest implied volatility

6. interesting guys. I used finviz and sorted on volatility. one stock I like came up KERN, see daily chart below. This is sort of stock I could buy at 2.84 it could easily pop to 5.00 anytime. I would probably buy some more if it dropped to 1.75 then add again at 1.00 if it came to it.

the point being with these volatile stocks I can be in and out quicker not like the oil where I might be in for weeks / months / years

7. Viotac

Viotac

I only trade GOLD, it's very volatile
    [​IMG]

8. circling back here folks.

Brent Crude Feb 21 is looking great currently $45.87 traded up to $46 earlier in session. $50 target in Feb21 contract

Just watching that KERN stock popped to $3.70 earlier.

A lot of opportunity around.

9. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Crude
    gold
    mini nasdaq
    Bonds at times ( ZB)
    NG at times

#10     Nov 23, 2020