Most say Bush to blame for weak U.S. economy, poll finds

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Jun 14, 2012.

1. eurojack

eurojack

2/3 Americans must be the opposite of intelligent to believe presidents actually have the power to decide anything. In this day and age I'd think people would be a little bit open minded. US internal and foreign politics are run by cartels. Banking cartel, oil cartel, pharmaceutical cartel, military cartel... not by a single person. How the F can you blame GWB or BO (no pun intended) for anything? They're just puppets, the situation would be EXACTLY the same however the president. US economy is shit, that's a fact, blame or no blame. Pointing fingers isn't going to solve anything, but if you really want to blame someone, blame FDR and Nixon.

#11     Jun 14, 2012
  2. The last sentence say's it all. A leader would have found a way to bring it all together. He screwed the pooch right out of the gate with his heathcare plan in general, and jobbing it out to Pelosi and Reid was a blunder of huge proportion. The dye was cast, and it's been down hill ever since in regard to bringing the nation together.

#12     Jun 14, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Perhaps. Dedicated government observers/scholars have stated that they think our current congress is broken--abuse of the intent of the rules. In that sense, I think gridlock is actually achievable, hell, we've got people right here who want gridlock.

#13     Jun 14, 2012
  4. Shows how ignorant people are.

#14     Jun 14, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Mostly because the alternative to gridlock always seems to be congress implementing shitty rules, and figuring out brand new ways to spend money we dont have......

#15     Jun 14, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Sure, that's the problem, what you think is shitty I think is smart and vice versa. So we get gridlock and blame Obama for not being strong enough when we don't get what we want, or call him a "thug" when we get what we don't want.

Everyone thinks they're right.

#16     Jun 14, 2012
  7. My thoughts as well.

This continued harping on Bush shows just how weak Obama is. So far, their plan has been 1)blame Bush, 2)keep reminding everyone that Romney belongs to a weird religion, 3)attack Bain and 4) blame Bush. If all that fails, well, blame Bush.

A lot of republicans were not all that crazy about Bush. Plenty of voters could well agree with obama's attacks on Bush, but still think Obama is as bad or worse. After all, no one forced him to take the job.

The other thing is that the mortgage and real estate crisis were what created our financial problems, that plus two wars we generously underwrote the cost for, even though Iraq has enormous oil reserves. And, Obama's incredibly wasteful stimulus bailout of big unions. Democrats would not have done a damn thng differently to prevent the mortgage crisis. In fact, they fought tooth and nail to stop Bush from reining in FNM and FRE, the two biggest facilitators of the crisis. The idea that the tax cuts were predominantly responsible for the budget deficit is ridiculous and has been debunked many times.

#17     Jun 14, 2012
  8. It's called democracy. I know it annoys the crap out of know-it-all liberals like yourself.

Liberals have a long tradition of trying to undermine democracy. They view voters as too dumb to know what's best for them, and the state and federal legislatures as cesspools of corruption, prejudice and ignorance.

Most great liberal achievements have been accomplished by circumventing the democratic process. Activist federal judges impose liberal social policies that failed to gain democratic support under the guise that they are newly discovered constitutional "rights." In reality, it is a judicial dictatorship.

Liberals try to dilute the votes of citizens constantly under the guise of expanding access to the ballott. Initiatives like motor voter, signups at welfare offices, use of crooks like ACORN and DOJ lawsuits to prevent states from proper vetting of voters are all aimed at facilitating election fraud, which has emerged as the democrats go-to strategy.

#18     Jun 14, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

Maybe everyone does think they are right..... but the difference of course, is that my opinion ACTUALLY IS right.... :D

#19     Jun 14, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Uhh huh. :D :D

#20     Jun 14, 2012