Most popular stocks for daytrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Nov 10, 2003.

1. c_verm

c_verm

Wow thats Great!! Thanks for the TIP. I'll see you on ISLAND HeHe

#31     Nov 11, 2003
  2. I checked the island site, and it is great that they put up the volume leaders (qqq is pretty much a lock at the top).

I might suggest that, along with checking the previous day's volume leaders, you check to see if the same stocks are listed day after day. If you "dive in" to a new stock that you know little about, just because there is some "news" or "noise" on it, you just might be diving into a shark pit. The people who trade those stocks every day (generally) have a better idea about how the stock trades (where the size usually steps in, how it correlates to the overall market, etc.).

Perhaps find the stocks that appear in the top 20 every day, and see how they trade.....

Just a suggestion.....

Don

#32     Nov 11, 2003
  3. white

white

MXIM,LLTC,NVLS,XLNX,KLAC

#33     Nov 12, 2003
  4. Well you just guaranteed yourself that you will never make money trading futures. I know several successful futures traders. You are just looking in the wrong places.

#34     Nov 12, 2003
  5. thanks to all of you for tips. I am trying to use my futures trading methods on stocks. I like qqq today and would look for a reversals around 12:40 and 13:40 est , no more then 10 min away from these times. I use 5 min bars so it is just 2 bars.
    Walter

#35     Nov 12, 2003
  6. For some reason my posting at 12:28 regarding qqq disappeared .
    Walter

#36     Nov 12, 2003