Most popular stocks for daytrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Thanks guys,
    Walter

#11     Nov 11, 2003
  2. Thanks for all suggestions,
    Walter

#12     Nov 11, 2003
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

could you elaborate on it a bit, may be yours will lead to mine, tia.

#13     Nov 11, 2003
  4. mattpime

mattpime

I only trade two stocks. RIG and NEM, both counter cyclicals.

However, the most popular daytrading stocks in my opinoin among professionals are :

TWX
    GE

for their tight ranges,

and

SIRI
    LU
    NT

for their high volume.

That's my two cents!

MP

#14     Nov 11, 2003
    #15     Nov 11, 2003
  6. Nkhoi,

In the market wizards books, the punch line was more or less that you had to match your strategy with your personality. Well, that suggests there are many ways to skin the market cat, and I had a tough time wrapping my brain around that. I've always been the kind of person that had to do it the "right way". Sort of a perfectionist. Well, let me tell you that don't work in the markets. Once I let go of having to find the right way and just played around with stuff that made sense to me, then the cash register started ringing. Hope this helps, feel free to ask more, PM me is appropriate.

#16     Nov 11, 2003
  7. Do you mean SMH or individual semi stocks like Klac? Are there any high volume futures based on the $SOX?

#17     Nov 11, 2003
  8. As I have answered in the magazine several times when asked this question.

Be sure that there are not more than 3 letters in the Symbol.
    Very liquid, 2 Mil shares per day.
    Can handle 5,000 shares per dime easily.
    Has "opening only orders"
    Has MOC imbalances posted.
    Tends to either follow or drift with the S&P 500 futures.

Re: Zero Sum game: Futures are a zero sum game, but that (in itself) does not make them impossible to trade (although a big factor).

However, since stocks tend to follow the "leading indicator" (futures), it has always been easier to trade stocks in our opinion.

(We do allow Futures trading, but don't really encourage it). If someone is really savvy, and has an urge to trade Emini's, then fine....show us that you're making money....if you don't, then we discuss your continuing to do so.

There certainly doesn't need to be a "war" between equities and futures traders....there is plenty of liquidity in both.

Good Day!

Don

#18     Nov 11, 2003
    #19     Nov 11, 2003
    #20     Nov 11, 2003