Most people here are naive when it comes to politics.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilduckling, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Rudy Giuliani would have been a GRAND SLAM???

Dude, you really need to do some homework . . . Ever notice that the firemen in NYC hate Rudy? Wanna know why? I'll give you one hint: It has to do with 9/11.

Guiliani was so stupid that he chose not to SHOW UP at the first 3 primaries.
    How dumb can you be?

And you want to talk about Family Values with Rudy?

Given his marital infidelity, that would be far too easy.

How about Pro-Gay rights, Pro-Abortion, etc. Do you even have a clue what Giuliani stands for?

And I guess you forgot about this little tidbit . . .

After campaigning on behalf of President Bush in the 2004 election, he was reportedly the top choice for Secretary of Homeland Security after the resignation of Tom Ridge. When suggestions were made that Giuliani's confirmation hearings would be marred by details of his past affairs and scandals, he turned down the offer and instead recommended his friend and former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik. Kerik in his pre-announcement interviews with the White House failed to disclose facts in his past that were certain to disqualify him. After the formal announcement of Kerik's nomination, information known for years to local reporters, but unreported, became widely known (most notably, that Kerik had ties to organized crime, but also that he had been sued for sexual harassment and had employed an undocumented alien as a domestic servant). The political fallout was damaging to the perception of competence in the White House vetting process and doubts as to Giuliani's ethics and political judgment in recommending Kerik in the first place.

But leave it to you to say that he would have been a LOCK!

:D

#21     Aug 29, 2008
  2. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is it normal to get a woody from a VP candidate ???

:confused: :confused:

#22     Aug 29, 2008
  3. cuz69

cuz69

Duck you come out with some good ones,.....pretty funny guy!

#23     Aug 29, 2008
  4. cuz69

cuz69

Ok I'll make it short and sweet as not to debate, Everyone has scandal, that is precisely why he is not on the ticket.
    But I guess you base your vote and opinion on that, instead of the best person for the job.

I don't know where you live, but here in the Big Apple, when he was in office, the economy flourished, crime was down, the police were begging for the job( now you have to beg them to take the job)and crippled organized crime..............just to mention a few.........ok more..............spent time with the people......attended every NY Yankee game possible and socialized, gave every team a parade and paid overtime for cleanup, while attending, attended funerals for fellow workers of mine and others, I can go on............

But unless you live in NY......................I suggest you SHUT THE FUCK UP......................because I can run circles around you all day on this...........You can believe whatever the media led you to("MEDIA") but I lived and still live it............
    I live in the most powerful city in the union............outside of DC, and yes I am a REP........because I saw what he could do and I am sick of seeing what this cesspool is.

#24     Aug 29, 2008
  5. #25     Aug 29, 2008
  6. hughb

hughb

He could have pulled it off if he hadn't used those goddam fake eyebrows. I told him to just go to the plastic surgeons office for a quick browlift and a botox, but he wouldn't listen.

So close...

#26     Aug 29, 2008
  7. You are a fucking moron.
    A total douche-bag that doesn't have an ounce of brain cells . . . so I'll make this as clear and succinct as possible so that even YOU can understand it:

I lived in NYC for 10 years from 1984-1993 and was a floor trader at the COMEX and NYBOT in WTC #4. Just ask Pabst.

Rudy Giuliani rose to power by going after Drexel Burnham's Mike Milken when he was a U.S. Attorney just because Milken made money . . . He used the threat of the RICO statues that were so draconian that Milken had no choice but to make a deal with the Federal government. It was a politically-motivated prosecution that destroyed Michael Milken and the lives of everyone else at Drexel Burnham. How ironic that Rudy thinks that Scooter Libby got a raw deal . . . Give me a break!

And lest you think that rich and powerful people are the only ones affected by what Giuliani has helped wrought, remember the name of Lisa Jones.

Jones is a remarkable American success story -- a teenage runaway and high school dropout who worked her way up through the ranks of Drexel to become the top assistant to one of Drexel's most successful traders. Giuliani threatened to indict Jones in an effort to get her to turn on Milken (sound familiar?), but Jones refused to give in and remained loyal to Milken and Drexel to the end. Giuliani eventually prosecuted and convicted Jones for crimes that were never proven (sound familiar?) and she was sentenced to a year and a half in prison, later reduced to ten months. Other than Milken, Jones was the only longtime employee of Drexel Burnham who ever spent time in prison.

I don't know about you, but that's not the political legacy I'm looking for in a presidential candidate.

If it wasn't for that case in the limelight, no one would have ever heard of Rudy.

You make the guy out to be some sort of a Saint. Yet, he was the primary reason why the NYC Fire Department did not have adequate communications equipment on 9/11.

There are an awful lot of families who lost loved ones ( firefighters ) on that tragic day because they never got the "call" from the captains to get the fuck out of the World Trade Center. I should know, I lost several good friends on that horrifying day.

Your "hero" Giuliani skimped on their budget and ignored their requests for better communications equipment.

The blood of an awful lot of firefighters is on his hands.

But leave it to you to make the guy out to be a Saint.

:(

#27     Aug 29, 2008
  8. pattersb2

pattersb2 Guest

SHE'S THE FUCKING GOVERNOR OF ALASKA....

i know nothing else of her ........ BUT I RESPECT THE HELL OUT OF ANYONE BRAVE AND TOUGH ENOUGH TO LIVE IN ALASKA, LET ALONE RUN THE PLACE

#28     Aug 29, 2008
  9. lol :p

#29     Aug 29, 2008
  10. Are there still Cowboys and Indians up there? Do they have running water? Do they hunt Bison and Squirrel too? Cable TV?

Or do they just support the building of $400 Million Dollar "Bridges to Nowhere" and other pork-barrel spending just like everywhere else?

Get real.

#30     Aug 30, 2008