Most of Public and Nearly Half in G.O.P. Back Climate Action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Jan 30, 2015.

1. wildchild

wildchild

Glad you admitted it. Last time you lied and claimed that there was no prediction that the arctic would be ice free by 2013.

#31     Jan 31, 2015
  2. That is correct. There was no prediction the Arctic would be ice free by 2013. Certainly not by the consensus opinion of IPCC as I show in the chart above.

#32     Jan 31, 2015
  3. TGregg

TGregg

That's only `cuz global warmening is *even worse* than predicted. Plus all the raycissts.

#33     Jan 31, 2015
  4. wildchild

wildchild

Scientists in the US have presented one of the most dramatic forecasts yet for the disappearance of Arctic sea ice.

Their latest modelling studies indicate northern polar waters could be ice-free in summers within just 5-6 years.

Professor Wieslaw Maslowski told an American Geophysical Union meeting that previous projections had underestimated the processes now driving ice loss.

Summer melting this year reduced the ice cover to 4.13 million sq km, the smallest ever extent in modern times.

Remarkably, this stunning low point was not even incorporated into the model runs of Professor Maslowski and his team, which used data sets from 1979 to 2004 to constrain their future projections.

"Our projection of 2013 for the removal of ice in summer is not accounting for the last two minima, in 2005 and 2007," the researcher from the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California, explained to the BBC.
    "So given that fact, you can argue that may be our projection of 2013 is already too conservative."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7139797.stm

#34     Jan 31, 2015
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's go to a screen shot of the article hyped in one of your previous posts.

[​IMG]

#35     Jan 31, 2015
  6. I asked my mid-20s degreed daughter whether her friends believe in AGW (global warming/cooling is a separate issue that 100% of them agree with). She told me about half of them believe in AGW. None of them do anything to reduce their carbon footprint, but I was glad to hear only half of her friends are gullible enough to believe in AGW.

I'd like to see the exact question and poll that arrives at 97% of scientists believing in global warming. I suspect the question was worded so that it would include natural warming of the earth, not specifically addressing anthropogenic global warming.

#36     Jan 31, 2015

7. Thanks for providing yet another example of just how fucking stupid deniers are.

From the article cited..

"other teams have variously produced dates for an open summer ocean that, broadly speaking, go out from about 2040 to 2100."

So of course the retarded denier morons focus on what one guy said with no consideration of what the bulk of scientists thought.

Again, let's be clear, the consensus UNDERestimated ice loss. OK?

Of course this fact goes in one ear and out the other of the empty headed denier idiots.

#37     Jan 31, 2015

• American Association for the Advancement of Science
      "The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (2006)3

• [​IMG]
      American Chemical Society
      "Comprehensive scientific assessments of our current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and potentially a very serious problem." (2004)4

• [​IMG]
      American Geophysical Union
      "Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes." (Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007, 2012, 2013)5

• [​IMG]
      American Medical Association
      "Our AMA ... supports the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fourth assessment report and concurs with the scientific consensus that the Earth is undergoing adverse global climate change and that anthropogenic contributions are significant." (2013)6

• [​IMG]
      American Meteorological Society
      "It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide." (2012)7

• [​IMG]
      American Physical Society
      "The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (2007)8

• [​IMG]
      The Geological Society of America
      "The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2006), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s." (2006; revised 2010)9
    SCIENCE ACADEMIES

Of course, with the deniers, this will go in one ear and straight out of the other, unimpeded by any gray matter.

#38     Jan 31, 2015
  8. I love cultists; they're hilarious. Futurecurrents, what have you done to reduce your carbon footprint?

#39     Jan 31, 2015
  9. I SPECIFICALLY mentioned the 97% POLL. Stop being a moron and post the entire poll which resulted in the '97% of scientists' statement.

#40     Jan 31, 2015