Most lost in one trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jmoo, May 1, 2008.

What is the most you lost in one trade?

1. 100

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. 500

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. 1000

11 vote(s)
    6.2%
  4. 2000

16 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. 3000

17 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. 5000

23 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. 10000

19 vote(s)
    10.7%
  8. 20000+

76 vote(s)
    42.7%
  1. jmoo

jmoo

What is the most you lost in one trade??

2. As long as you buy you never lose. Donot go short thats how you lose big time. The feds have made the game rigged. The most I've ever lost is $1000 and that is because I went short by accident and then the market taught me a lesson.

3. POST REPORTED TO MODERATOR- IMPERSONATION

4. ahhaahhhahhhahhh I almost choked to death reading this...

okay if there was ever any doubt as to if you are a kid or not...weeeelllll....

Me thinketh we all know the answer now !

5. Now that im done ROTFLMAO...

My biggest loss was about $18k on EFUT in * it think* Oct 06. I had made about $56k on it the couple days before and I got way too cocky for my own good.

Those of us that traded the EFUT know what happened next !

6. LOL....What a jackass. You're reporting your own post. LOL

Just delete it in the future.

7. i decided to make a foray into merger arb on the HAR deal. epic failure. i'd have to check on the exact number but it was somewhere around 120k....and it could have been worse.

8. was new to trading last summer -took the wrong side of a trade-was long and short 4800 shares of NFI at 8.00 a share-shares declined i covered for a profit at high sixes and held long waiting for a bounce that never came ended up 18 k lost ion that one-believed the pumpers :( ---we would be well off if i woulda have sold for a loss and bought to cover before delisting

9. Cutten

Cutten

...waits for Rearden Metal to chime in and blow everyone's bad-beat stories out of the water...

10. You all are some big ballers. If I lost 20 grand on a trade it wouldnt be my fault.

#10     May 2, 2008