Most $$$$ is made by selling puts and calls!!!

Discussion in 'Options' started by bastiat8, May 21, 2007.

1. Well Marnie, it doesn't seem to matter which board one goes to, the same rubbish gets circulated, I remember the same nonsense being discussed on the optionetics forum. I'm with you for the head banging smilie vote:).
    db

#21     May 22, 2007
  2. damn , you good [/B][/QUOTE]
    He's very good. That's why he's selling the book. Sure can teach us a thing or two about options since most of us don't know what we're doing. Oh boy, selling premium, why didn't anyone else come up with this before ? - I can't wait to start pulling in the money, I'll finally be able to get that fine Maserati I've had my eyes on for all these years. Hey Atticus, I hope you're paying attention :D!
    db

#22     May 22, 2007
  3. It's great you guys understand this, but do you honestly think that most of the other newbies do? I am not trying to school anyone here, all I am doing is performing one of the key economic functions of a middle man, i.e. minimizing the info/search costs... What's the problem with that???

And even if you do understand, I would be surprised if you can trade your way out of a paper bag, cause people who are the real deal do not act like you clowns do!!!

B

He's very good. That's why he's selling the book. Sure can teach us a thing or two about options since most of us don't know what we're doing. Oh boy, selling premium, why didn't anyone else come up with this before ? - I can't wait to start pulling in the money, I'll finally be able to get that fine Maserati I've had my eyes on for all these years. Hey Atticus, I hope you're paying attention :D!
    db [/B][/QUOTE]

#23     May 22, 2007
  4. [/B][/QUOTE]
    It's nothing personal. It's just that people here don't generally come to this options forum to be sold some product. This forum is supposedly for learning to trade options, not sell books/seminars. Noone minds the occasional reference to good material, but the sales pitch that you've been giving is a little over the top.
    db

#24     May 22, 2007
  5. Selleing options leads to greed..

Greed leads to fear during market crash...

Fear becomes anger at market....

Anger leads to the Daaaaark Side.....

[​IMG]

#25     May 22, 2007
  6. RL8093

RL8093

#26     May 22, 2007
  7. It's like free money ready to be picked up but when the fat tail hits...

#27     May 22, 2007
  8. op's "logic" does not LOGICALLY follow.

assume for the sake of argument that 90% of options expired worthless

it does not LOGiCALLY follow thus that more money is made by selling vs. buying

it logically follows that money is made more FREQUENTLY but not that MORE money is made selling vs. buying

you would have to calculate the relative increases in those options that did NOT expire worthless to make the claim he made

i am not surprised that somebody spamming an ebay book needs a lesson in basic math

#28     May 22, 2007
  9. I make a lot of money, consistently, with only long options. Maybe I should give it back because I shouldn't be able to do it? Could it be that it is more the method, than the security that is important?

Could it be...nah...well...just maybe...there is, let's call it a parity between puts and calls and long and short? So that there is no "built-in" advantage? Just can't be. All you gotta do it sell ops. Automatic millionaire. Why didn't I think of this before. Please, keep it quiet...

#29     May 22, 2007
  10. #30     May 23, 2007