Most Influential Humans Ever

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Mar 28, 2010.

1. byteme

byteme

Oh, okay. I see you're making up criteria for your list as you go along. Guess you weren't really looking for contributions from other people. My mistake.

#11     Mar 28, 2010
  2. Granted, and where are these men buried?

#12     Mar 28, 2010
  3. "Most Influential" ... you mean most recognized as influential that history would confirm and has impacted the world.

Many people today are far more influential than "Obama the Oligarch Puppet."
    For one I would have to say George Soros ...

Alexander the Great ... might also bump Gandhi.
    His conquests are huge but pale in comparison to the Library of Alexandria and its global impact.

#13     Mar 28, 2010
  4. Not really, it always necessary to clarify, because humans confuse ideals with reality. Buddha has not been proven to actually exist.

My thread title was clear, HUMANS. Not characters in humanoid form that humans created.

Hope this helps.

#14     Mar 28, 2010
  5. Okay that is up for serious consideration.

How has Alexander influenced more humans than Gandhi?

Obama may well be what u say, it is undeniable he is a globalist. Ask your acquaintances what a globalist is tho.

Your eight grade niece knows who Obama is.

Her granddaughters eight grade niece will too. Ask your niece your George Soros is.

#15     Mar 28, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Your criteria destroy this exercise's ability to produce anything of general value for analyzing history. I'd wager any specific value would be political.

#16     Mar 28, 2010
  7. And Yes, your opening statement is more concise than mine.

#17     Mar 28, 2010
  8. No, unretired has better defined the exercise.

See his definition.

Add your contribution.

#18     Mar 28, 2010
  9. The trouble with your list is that, except for Constantine, they are all twentieth and twenty-first century individuals. It isn't possible to compare their influence with others whose influence has propagated over centuries or millennia.

It is true, for example, that Hitler had an enormous impact on the 1930s-1940s period; but that influence is steadily declining and probably is much less in historical perspective than that of Genghis Khan. Or for that matter, of Tiglath Pilesar III, Sargon II, or Ashurbanapal.

Meanwhile, it is arguable that Aristotle has had a greater influence on the human race globally than the influence of all of your five combined, if only because his influence has lasted for 2,300 years, and those on your list have only recently begun to have influence.

There's no way to resolve these things.

#19     Mar 28, 2010
  10. byteme

byteme

I'm pretty sure Einstein and Newton were actual real human beings. Hope that helps.

#20     Mar 28, 2010