Most Important Lesson Of The Year.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Eddiefl, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Happy Holidays to all,

This will sound oversimplified, the one thing that I've told myself over and over this year is "Relax, there is plenty of time". I say this to remind myself to stay out of my own way. I know there is always a new setup just around the corner. I trade crude exclusively and those of you that do as well will know what I mean.

Be safe everyone. Much success to all in the new year.

#61     Dec 27, 2010
  2. "Don't Risk What You Don't Have Enough of to Get More of What You Have Plenty Of."

Fer example: don't have enough money? Don't risk money with the intention of gaining more freedom or independence. (roughly speaking). You might have plenty of freedom now, although little money. Shit may backfire on ya {:>)

This quote stuck with me. From a book "Letters to a Young Lawyer" A Dershowitz.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Letters-to-a-Young-Lawyer/Alan-M-Dershowitz/e/9780465016334

This book has excellent advice that is applicable to all professions. Short, quick read long on required thought.

#62     Dec 27, 2010
  3. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

+1, i agree on this. Its an issue i had and still have every now and then.

I read somewhere, "the most money i ever made was when i sat on my hands, either not taking risky trades or sitting on hands and letting winners run".

How well said, it took me a couple years to "get" what he was saying.

EF

#63     Dec 29, 2010