Most helpful trading books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hurricane_sh, Nov 24, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Complete Guide to Option Selling by James Cordier. LOL No, no, I am just kidding. Don't need to read books, just google search online and you will get all the reading you need.

#11     Nov 25, 2018
  2. Actually I have this book, haven't read yet. lol

#12     Nov 25, 2018
  3. I have not read the book written by this blow-up option seller. I think even if a person blows up, that does not mean he does not write well or does not teach well. I know of failed traders/investors switching career to training traders/investors instead of actually trading/investing. Whitney Tilson, the value investor, is one of them.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    #13     Nov 25, 2018
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Really? LOL Will give you a whole new perspective now when you read it.

#14     Nov 25, 2018
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Oh he writes well but he just doesn't practice what he teaches.

#15     Nov 25, 2018
  6. So, is it fair to say his book does provide value to the reader? If James Cordier had followed his own advice in the book, he would not have blow up?

I have not read his book. His blow-up catches my attention.

#16     Nov 25, 2018
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Very possibly. He even recommended doing vertical spreads and iron condors in his advertising brochures. LOL So I am sure he would've mentioned something like them in his book. But looking at what he did?... I never had his book as I don't believe in those "guide" books let alone "complete guide" books LOL but would be interesting to see what he actually writes in his book seeing what happened.

#17     Nov 25, 2018
    helpme_please likes this.
  8. Peter8519

Peter8519

It's hard to find a book and after reading it and said to oneself... ah.. ha... I got it now.;)
    Take for example, Edwin Lefevre's book, an inexperience trader would find it difficult to understand. Trading is a journey and reading a few books just wouldn't do it. It's a difficult journey(my personal experience) and it takes a lot of perseverance. Never say this ought to be it.. this is it.:sneaky: But the market never cares what one or many think.o_O

#18     Nov 25, 2018
    SimpleMeLike and hurricane_sh like this.
  9. Craig66

Craig66

I didn't understand all of them either, but there is also a lot of writing and pictures some of which contains good fundamental ideas.

#19     Nov 25, 2018
  10. ensemble

ensemble

Investing in the Modern Age by William T. Ziemba

#20     Nov 25, 2018