Most helpful trading books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hurricane_sh, Nov 24, 2018.

1. I'm looking for reading ideas. Please name 3 books you find most helpful to your trading. and your trading style.

I mostly day trading es, cl, spy, spy options. The 3 most helpful books to me are:
    1. Trading in the zone
    2. High Probability Trading by Marcel Link
    3. Pivots, Patterns, and Intraday Swing Trades by William Scheier

2. Craig66

Craig66

Trading and Exchanges - Harris
    Option Trading - Sinclair

Sorry, I can't think of 3, I've read nearly everything and it's 99% crap.
    Style: Automated day trading.

Sprout, cvds16 and hurricane_sh like this.
  3. good idea
    good luck to you !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018
  4. imjohn

imjohn

Relate to this.

Many books gave me "euphoric" feelings, as I thought what I was reading was the final solution to my poor trading results.

The psychology books (Douglas) also gave me feelings of unearned confidence.

In-depth "reading" at least a year's worth of charts in my TFs, looking for very specific, recurring signals, took a long ass time (much longer than reading a book), but translated well to actual trading.

In lieu of 3 books, suggest a year's worth of charts, in 3 time frames.

SimpleMeLike, Peter8519 and cvds16 like this.
  5. This one? I bought it but didn't read one page, it has lots of math formulas that I don't understand, if I remember correctly. :(

[​IMG]

6. cvds16

cvds16

Your own journal will teach you the most. Forget all the crap in books ! This is a journey on your own in discovering how the financial markets work.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. cvds16

cvds16

Options is a bout math, arbed the hell out of them in the early 2000's ... never lost over 50 USD a day. I made on averaga 1000 USD a day ...

hurricane_sh likes this.
  8. I read both of his books, I didn't find it helpful until I finish the last 50 pages of "trading in the zone".

9. pipeguy

pipeguy

What about technical analysis from R. Murphy. I think it's the must-read book for any newbie who is interested in technical analysis and its application.

10. cvds16

cvds16

It's an interesting read but it all depends what you want to do with it ... if you want to daytrade forget about it ...

#10     Nov 25, 2018