Most forex retail traders lose money. Why is forex so difficult?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by helpme_please, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Forex is one of the most complicated instruments to trade. It trends up, it trends down, and it chops for extended periods too. After you've determined what cycle it's in (and whether it should continue), you then have to have a good edge on entry and exit points. I got my ass handed to me for years after I first started and have solid first hand experience :). But it's now probably one of my most profitable.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    #41     Jan 16, 2018
    lekshum and comagnum like this.
  2. quatron

quatron

How come futures currencies are more efficient? E.g. BP6 - a full pip spread + $5 comms per lot rt versus GBPUSD is from 0-0.2 pip spread + $7 comms. So that's $15 per lot vs $7-$9 per lot.

Can you give an example of a comparable positions in FX and CL and show how CL is more effective? I doubt you'll be able to.

Thanks

#42     Jan 17, 2018
    ElectricSavant likes this.
  3. It is not the case that most of the traders are losers and currency market is harder than the other financial markets. We have to understand one basic point regarding each financial market and that is each market requires a proper understanding about financial market tools and techniques and expertise regarding the trading styles. So if a forex trader lacks the basic understanding about forex trading tools and techniques he will definitely face losses.

#43     Jan 27, 2018
  4. tomorton

tomorton

Yes, this is the hard truth - most forex traders do not lose because forex trading is hard or harder than any other trading.

#44     Jan 27, 2018
    ih201 likes this.
  5. ih201

ih201

One must understand forex is extremely manipulated, more so than other markets. It's a game of cat and mouse, I personally believe one cannot reach the success that most desire until they understand the market manipulation and tricks the institutional traders use to trap retail traders.

#45     Jan 31, 2018
    Leonardo Fibonacci likes this.
  6. tomorton

tomorton

.....trap retail DAY-TRADERS......

#46     Jan 31, 2018
    lekshum likes this.
  7. Sig

Sig

Manipulated by whom?

#47     Jan 31, 2018
  8. ih201

ih201

Institutional traders. Smart money

#48     Jan 31, 2018
  9. Sig

Sig

So an institutional player doing transactions worth hundreds of millions is manipulating the market to what, run your stops and take $1,000 off you? Don't flatter yourself.

#49     Jan 31, 2018
    CarlosRay, lekshum, tomorton and 4 others like this.
  10. ih201

ih201

Hahahahaha yes exactly that. Well done.

#50     Jan 31, 2018