Most forex retail traders lose money. Why is forex so difficult?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by helpme_please, Jan 12, 2018.

1. 777

You have to have an edge, positive expectation.

An edge over a highly competitive market where you pay the spread and are up against traders and algos with quicker execution and who sometimes are better and quicker informed.

It is this way in other trading instruments as well; plus in many situations you have commissions as well.

If you can not clearly explain your edge and why it works, you probably are in trouble.

It is like this in many areas of life, such as poker.

#121     Aug 16, 2018
  2. destriero

destriero

Poker's edge is in conditional probability and management thereof. Just stop.

#122     Aug 16, 2018
  3. 777

You stalk my posts but do not read them well.

I was speaking of how important it is to have an edge... getting at the idea that if you can not explain what your edge is and why it works, you are probably in trouble.

Obviously I am not saying the skills needed to beat both games are exactly identical.

What I wrote is something Sesquhanna International Group, a market making and trading firm, teaches all of their traders.

SIG also teaches all of their traders poker and sees that they play. SIG believes there are some worthwhile parallels.

SIG also teaches general gambling theory to all new traders. Once, after lessons and testing, SIG sent a group to Vegas to count cards.

Most of the billionaire founders are former poker pros.

** it is becoming obvious you love reading and commenting on my posts. Do you go to sleep dreaming of my posts?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    #123     Aug 16, 2018
  4. destriero

destriero

you’re the creeper, dude. This thread was at the top of new posts, unlike the one that you searched for from 2015.

SIG. Wow, you read the wiki on Susquehanna. Good for you!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    #124     Aug 16, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.