Most expensive trading books?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by monty21, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Thanks I will check it out. Ken is one of the good guys IMO.

#11     Apr 22, 2009
  2. #12     Apr 22, 2009
  3. These look pretty recent and interesting. Seems they are designed for investment bankers who get involved with financial modeling related to the random-walk (Brownian Motion). I don't like the absolutely no returns policy though.

Some of the other books you guys listed are from the 1990s and out of print... that's why there such a ridiculous price. There are like five sellers of each of those books and they are price-makers :p

Continue listing any new, particularly academic books that are related to trading..

#13     Apr 22, 2009
  4. This is Joe Ross's "Trading Spreads and Seasons" 1995 book

http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/economics_finances/vcgr6y5yr.html

*Only visit avaxhome.ws if you have a anti-virus software!

#14     Apr 22, 2009
  5. zdreg

zdreg

it will be interesting to see your offer on amazon. how much will u it offer it at?

#15     Apr 22, 2009
  6. There were quite a few trading books on netlibrary.com when I was browsing through it one day. In Texas, you've got a free membership to it through the TexShare library database, thought I'd share in case anyone could use that info.

#16     Apr 22, 2009
  7. pspr

pspr

I have an original copy of Crabels book. I never really got anything out of it but it has turned into a good investment. I think it was about $300 when I looked on Amazon a couple years ago. Now it starts at $666 and goes up.

#17     Apr 22, 2009
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Never heard of avaxhome. I've got trend micro, one the "house" computer, and my 16 year old picked up a virus on myspace, or some other social site. You think I may be safe to go to avaxhome with trend micro's "protection?"

#18     Apr 23, 2009
  9. Not sure... I've never heard of trend micro. I assume if you have any anti-virus, then you should be fine.

I doubt anything will happen if you just click that one link. My anti-virus (Kaspersky) pops up w/ a warning when I browse the site in general (using search engine or whatever).

Get a good anti-virus though... There are tons of great trading related books on that site.... for free.... it's a matter of morals whether you will download them.

#19     Apr 23, 2009
  10. John macks The future of the equities market, predictions for the 21st century.

The one copy is worth a few million dollars and is kept in a vault.

#20     Apr 23, 2009