Most expensive trading books?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by monty21, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Random question... What are some of the most expensive trading books that you own or have heard of? I don't plan to pay more than $40 for a book, but am interested to check them out to see how silly their holy-grail answer will be.

On Amazon.com there are several books over $100. I think that is so because they are out of print and there is little supply.

The Stock Trader: How I Make a Living Trading Stocks by Tony Oz ($200, 2000)

Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout by Toby Crabel ($666 :p , 1990)

Street Smarts: High Probability Short-Term Trading Strategies by Laurence A. Connors ($115, 1996)

List any expensive, preferably recent, books.

2. The J L Lord books from randomwalktrading.com. They're $300-$400 each. The set of 4 is $999.

3. Some of the best academic and professional minded publishers you'll find, typically charge in the 80-120 range. I guess they assume the clients can easily afford it. These days, fortunately, it's easy to shave off some of the retail cost.

It's getting harder to find the books I like to read outside of academic bookstores.
    :(

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'd like to have it too! You have good taste! I've heard of this one from a few guys I do some work with. For some reason, no one seems to have a copy (price?:D )

Maybe we should work out some kind of "honors-library system" where a few of us who are trusted enough to pass along the books, can do so and save $$$$?

For $1,000, I hope it's a TREMENDOUS book, btw!

5. Mvic

Mvic

Cottles options book I recall was expensive and Joe Ross's books I think were all priced at $100 new (not worth a 1/10 of the price imo).

6. Cutten

Cutten

Seth Klarman's book Margin Of Safety goes for about $1k.

7. There is an e version of Crabel's book no the net but it is very difficult to read.

8. You can actually watch an archived seminar he did for CBOT/CME on volume/OI or you can check out Jason Alan Jancovsky free webinars, good guy, he does one on market structure sometimes which covers volume/OI.

9. Mvic

Mvic

I have an autographed copy of his technical analysis binder and this book also(took his class at the CME many years ago). Its a decent book on but just lays out what most of us know about volume and open interest that can now be found in many other books. I think that a bunch of sellers on amazon got together to fix the price because the book isn't worth more than $20. Infact I will list it on amazon this weekend.

Ken Shaleen, a.k.a. CHARTWATCH will be conducting a webinar for the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group on technical analysis of the foreign exchange futures on Wednesday April 29 at 3:30 pm local Chicago time.
    To register for this free event, use the following link:
    http://www.cmegroup.com/education/events/forms/forex_e-micro_futures_partner.html

#10     Apr 22, 2009