Most Expensive Real Estate Deal In American History (in Manhattan) Teeters on Default

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Blah blah blah.

You are just bitchy and moany because you missed the commercial real estate boom - the one where I was selling property for $450k to $800k per acre (I'm too wracked with guilt to tell you what I paid the farmer for the same land).

Timing is everything, piker. :cool:

#11     Sep 10, 2009
  2. jem

jem

Well being there are going to be resets the size of the problem we just experienced with sub prime and the fact that the commercial market is going to to tank in an even larger way.....

I guess you have a great deal of faith in the the Feds ability to hide assets.

I would say bragging about recently made real estate investments in like bragging about winning the first set in a best of five set match.

Prices are rebounding right now because the low end of the market was fueled by fha loans which many buyers have turned into 100 percent loans. However, the high end is still quite sick. Will the high end pancake down or will the low end stablize the market....

#12     Sep 10, 2009
  3. Does the same timing apply to uber bearish articles being posted for over 6 months while the mkt has enjoyed an enormous gain during said time?

Just saying :)

#13     Sep 10, 2009
  4. Again you assume too much. You have no idea about my commercial RE holdings or what I bought or sold in the last 20 years.

But I do know from you own admittance these Capital Mearket do apparently baffle you. Therefore, it must be easier to sit on the sidelines on post articles all day rather than be in the arena.

Youngsters...sheesh

#14     Sep 10, 2009
  5. If he'd been posting his inane 24/7 stuff about Los Angeles circa 1994, we would've seen stories like this.

Northridge. Prelude to the BIG ONE!! L.A. doomed to fall in the sea!!!

Rodney King Riots. L.A. dies at the vine of lawlessness!!

Crip kills Blood for L.A.'s 2000th homicide of 1994!!

O.J. Verdict!! L.A. "justice" runs amuck!!!

Yet a 100k investment in 1994 Los Angeles real estate is worth what today? 400k? 500k?

#15     Sep 10, 2009
  6. I was indeed partially lucky when I completed a lot of the sales I did on land I had bought that literally had risen 12 fold in often times a short, 4 or 6 year period.

In fact, a few sales near the end of 2007 almost fell through as the buyers either had cold feet or ran into financing problems.

I closed every single deal signed except for one, though.

I still have land and properties that I could have and should have sold at the peak, but I have zero debt, and made buku $$$ when the market was good, and that's the saving grace.

I was saying the Blackstone deal marked the top, when they bought property from Office Equity for 39bln, just after their IPO, and I was right.

#16     Sep 10, 2009