Most Difficult Trade

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NoDoji, Mar 15, 2011.

What's your most difficult trade of the day?

1. First setup of the day

9 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Setup following a losing trade

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Setup following two or more losing trades in a row

33 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. Setup following one or more trades where you violated your rules

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Setup after you dug yourself out of the red & into the green

14 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Setup after you attained a minimum daily profit target

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Setup that would position you opposite your bias

19 vote(s)
    16.5%
  8. I trade all setups from the open to the close

19 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. NoDoji, do you use any leading indicator to trade CL?And if so,what is it?

#61     Apr 2, 2011
  2. afto

afto

This is probably the most valuable post that I've read on ET and it is an atomic discovery. The search for the holy grail ends with the realization that trading - and everything else in life for that matter - is a game played out in consciousness (ie there is no "out there" out there)
    Imagine what it means if our whole perception of reality is turned on its head. What if the things/people/events/emotions that appear to show up in our life are the RESULT of our state of consciousness rather than the CAUSE.....mind blowing, baby.
    JMO

#62     Apr 2, 2011
  3. Cheese

Cheese

The eighth and last choice in NoDoji's Poll corresponds best to the sequence of opportunities that the market (eg CL) offers, open to close, via its price gyrations represented by its sequential swings up and down.

I agree with the characterisation of consistency as being in your mind. That is a useful reminder of the obvious and also a reminder that rationally you are in command. You have to marshal the live information, prices on your charts, and impose order. Order is required by your mind and you can put the necessary lines on your chart to represent that order.

Assuming daytrading, the mission, in such a field of rationality, is to take net gains from the days swings as they follow each other. Lets cut to the chase to demonstrate this. Your system should provide you with the signals (ie triggers) to buy the upswings and sell the downswings as you go.

Lets go to a version of buying and selling using slow and fast triggers. Using a fast chart, when your slow trigger goes 'on' (eg to buy), you can take each fast trigger (to buy) that follows whether one or more. You can then exit from each fast trigger by the next fast counter-trigger (to sell). Here the less certain player or the less experienced player is breaking up the process into smaller gains. But a very professional player might also prefer to opt for this process as well.

And, yes, of course its all a game. Therein lies its appeal.
    :)

#63     Apr 2, 2011
  4. sure, your grandpa is not dead, if you don't think he is dead.

I guess stupidity is infectious. Maybe you want to be infected, because only idiots on this forum make money.

#64     Apr 3, 2011
  5. ammo

ammo

.....http://wwwstatic.megavideo.com/mv_p...6b0531b59e7fd43e1347a2b0557e0.jpg&v=J4TCCQO6. go to 50-54 minute area, the brain decides 6 seconds before we physically react, a safety or an impairment when considering automated vs. discretionary

#65     Apr 3, 2011
  6. deaddog

deaddog

Making money is what it's all about.:D :D

#66     Apr 3, 2011
  7. Bakinec

Bakinec

NoDoji, great posts as always!

Sadly, I do not have any particular set-ups. I'm lazy, so I trade trend-line breaks on tick charts. I guess you could call that a set-up too. :D

Most difficult trade is the one after two or more losing trades in a row.

#67     Apr 6, 2011
  8. didn't you stop for one second, just one second, to think why it is the most difficult trade???

ok, I will think for you: this trade is likely to be a loser, so I am not going to enter.

If you think the same as I think, you will agree with me, not Nodoji's stupid contradiction! http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=217087&perpage=6&pagenumber=5

this forum is full of idiots who can't even think straight!

Again, don't worry, because idiots make money.

#68     Apr 6, 2011
  9. If your contention that "idiots make money" is true why are you not shopping for "idiot pills". C'mon man ... read what you are saying and then get a grip. If your contention is that your logic is sound and what proves that is your tenacity in clinging to it despite that it produces consistent losses then -- and I am not saying this to poke fun -- you need to seek professional help.

No one should deride the man (or woman) that suffers from battle fatigue. Come off the front line for a bit, regroup, get some help, some R&R and then, after some practice on the range, rejoin your outfit. No shame in that.

#69     Apr 10, 2011
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

"The hypothetical performance results displayed on this website are hypothetical results in that they represent trades made in a demonstration (“demo”) account. Trades placed in demo accounts are based on a Signal Provider having access to an unlimited amount of funds. As a result, demo accounts are not subject to margin calls and have the ability to withstand large, sustained drawdowns which a customer account may not be able to afford. Trades placed in demo accounts are not subject to price slippage which may occur when a signal is actually traded in a customer account. All performance results presented only include the results of completed trades and do not reflect the profit or loss on open positions." (Reminds me of our favorite trading Ace, Lenny Dyskstra!)

THIS COMPOSITE PERFORMANCE RECORD IS HYPOTHETICAL AND THESE TRADING ADVISORS HAVE NOT TRADED TOGETHER IN THE MANNER SHOWN IN THE COMPOSITE. HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A HYPOTHETICAL COMPOSITE RECORD AND THE ACTUAL RECORD SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED. ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF A HYPOTHETICAL COMPOSITE PERFORMANCE RECORD IS THAT DECISIONS RELATING TO THE SELECTION OF TRADING ADVISORS AND THE ALLOCATION OF ASSETS AMONG THOSE TRADING ADVISORS WERE MADE WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT BASED UPON THE HISTORICAL RATES OF RETURN OF THE SELECTED TRADING ADVISORS. THEREFORE COMPOSITE PERFORMANCE RECORDS INVARIABLY SHOW POSITIVE RATES OF RETURN. ANOTHER INHERENT LIMITATION ON THESE RESULTS IS THAT THE ALLOCATION DECISIONS REFLECTED IN THE PERFORMANCE RECORD WERE NOT MADE UNDER ACTUAL MARKET CONDITIONS AND THEREFORE, CANNOT COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING."

Well, hell's bells! If I had an "unlimited amount of funds" AND the "BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT", there would be no difficult trades ever!

:D

Until that pesky "large, sustained drawdown" gets you.

:eek:

#70     Apr 13, 2011