Most difficult markets to manipulate

Discussion in 'Trading' started by travelingtrader, Apr 27, 2006.

1. What can I say.......

#11     Apr 28, 2006
  2. No offense, Stock, but I am pretty sure you are an equities only guy, who thinks futures are evil.

When I went to work at the Bright SF office in '99, people thought I was nuts to use charts, much less to trade futures. (vs just using L II).

Guess how many of those boys are left?

Don't tell newbies anything about futures trading unless you've done it!

Other than that, I find most of your posts informative.

Cheers, Jay

#12     Apr 28, 2006
  3. ==============
    Good points;
    and also agree with Birght Trading Co management,
    plenty of opportunities in liquid NYSE.

Dont know if anybody on this thread is doing it;
    some wrongly confuse trend patterns with manipuation:p :cool:

#13     Apr 29, 2006
  4. I think it would be extremely difficult to manipulate the market for U.S. Treasury Bills. Now that Jay Gould is dead and buried.

#14     Apr 29, 2006
  5. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

ALL markets are manipulated. End of, PERIOD.

Murray Turtle gives some good advise.

I think our 20 year expert has learnt little in the 20 years he says he has. No offence, but an electronic matching engine does not stop a 300 pound gorilla from doing his business. Had you been around for just 2 years, you would have remembered people complaining about the antics of one particular gorilla called Paul Rotter who took advantage of the electronic matching engine.

Has it ever occurred that the markets - ESPECIALLY FUTURES and FX exist 'to be manipulated'?

I believe you should do what Murray Turtle eludes to: Learn to spot it, and go with it rather than against it.

Reading classic texts such as Reminiscences od a Stock Operator and Tsun Tzu The Art of War should give you some pointers if you have time to study.

#15     Apr 29, 2006
  6. tomcole

tomcole

If you know its being manipulated and how, shouldnt you be making a fortune?

#16     Apr 29, 2006
  7. Try the forex market. It is the biggest market in the world. Because of its sheer size, it is hard for one or any group of individuals to 'manipulate' it.

#17     Apr 29, 2006
  8. spot on! Reading Gerald Loeb and Vic Sperandeo helps too.

vital analitics

#18     Apr 29, 2006
  9. Nope. I watch the futures very carefully every day. I trade mostly stocks off the futures, but I am NOT picking on futures at all.

I am saying , very clearly, that there's 'manipulation' in all markets, that takes different forms.

Sure, there's no spec holding your order, but that is only one , blatent form of manip.

Tape is painted in the futures all the time.

#19     Apr 29, 2006
  10. Jayford, are u still in SF? I'm still trading, and Dale is still around the building.

#20     Apr 29, 2006