Most Corrupt Politicians for 2009

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009

Washington, DC

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2009 list of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians." The list, in alphabetical order, includes:

• 1. Senator Christopher Dodd (D-CT):
      2. Senator John Ensign (R-NV):
      3. Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA):
      4. Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner:
      5. Attorney General Eric Holder:
      6. Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)/ Senator Roland Burris (D-IL):
      7. President Barack Obama:
      8. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA):
      9. Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) and the rest of the PMA Seven:
      10. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY):

http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2...on-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2009

2. Sure. This from another "non-partisan conservative" organization. Really. Hey, bugsy, why don't you start your own "non-partisan conservative" organization? Then you won't have to wait for anyone else's lists.

3. How high have Bush, Cheney etc have been rated in the past ? -just for some perspective

4. rc822

rc822

Add Democrat John Conyers to that list as well. Hey, put John Conyers' wife 'Monica Conyers' on that list too. So was forced to resign her position on the Detroit City Council after F.B.I. surveillance/investigation caught her accepting bribes. :p :p :p

The afro-american version of Bonnie & Clyde.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ozyuRQHczY7QiYviw&sig2=1zQmdK8mGDvjPrDReBMpZA

5. Yes, Halliburton's rich government contracts without tender come to mind, among many, many other things. I'm guessing neither of these fine gents made it on any of this "non-partisan conservative" organization's lists.

6. Yannis

Yannis

The 28th Amendment

This makes way too much sense.... but that's why we need to drive it. For too long we have been complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that (1) Congress members could retire with the same pay after only one term; (2) that they didn't pay into Social Security; and (3) that they specifically exempted prosecution for sexual harassment. Congress’s latest game is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform Bill that is being considered. Somehow, this doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law.

I truly don't care if members of Congress are Democrat, Republican, independent, liberal, conservative, progressive or whatever. The self-serving must stop. The below-listed proposed 28th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution would do that. This is an idea whose time has come.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and Representatives; and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States.”

This is fair, to the point and non-partisan. Who could be against it? Congress, that’s who.

:) :) :)

7. That's funny. I don't recall seeing any posts by you regarding Checchi and Company Consulting.

How come?

8. Nice catch. I'm not entirely familiar with the details, but I do note that we are comparing millions to billions. Not to mention that it was Dick Halliburton Cheney who had a hand in starting the bogus war in the first place. Creating demand, so to speak.

However, your point is a good one, and I await to see how the dust settles. Meanwhile, seeing as how billions trump millions, where would we find either Cheney or Bush on any of that fine "non-partisan conservative" organization's lists? Do tell.