Most Americans Say They're Worse Off Since Obama Took Office, Poll Shows

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AMT4SWA, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

#21     Dec 9, 2010
  2. olias

olias

Dude, I'm not liberal or brainwashed.

I have no party affiliation. I think politicians are almost always full of shit. I didn't vote for Obama. I didn't see him as a hero or a savior when he was elected. I don't even agree with him most of the time. But he does strike me as someone with a head on his shoulders and tries to do the right thing. I can't ask for more from any politician. Unlike Pelosi, he strikes me as someone I could sit down with and have a decent debate.

#22     Dec 9, 2010
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

Everyone knows the solutions but no one seems to be able to do a thing about it as long as the ones in power r the same

#23     Dec 9, 2010
  4. #24     Dec 9, 2010
  5. "no shit! i've heard that this guy approval rating is negative,compared to 30% something @lows for Bush"

You must be listening to the wrong people ie Hannity and Limbaugh.

According to the latest WSJ poll Obama approval rating is 49% if I'm not mistaken.

#25     Dec 9, 2010
  6. Exactly...........I don't get CONNED by the false left/right two-party paradigm! :cool:

bush, clinton, clinton, bush, bush, obama.............nothing but a Globalist lead "Continuity of Administrations" game!

No thanks....I will keep voting for Ron Paul type candidates (as I have been for years now). :cool:

#26     Dec 9, 2010
  7. olias

olias

I totally disagree.

How many economists would argue that we should have let all the banks fail? also, what President and/or congressman is going to accept going down in history as 'doing nothing' in the face of another Great Depression?

#27     Dec 9, 2010
  8. clacy

clacy

I don't place blame solely on Obama for getting here. You have ups and downs in economics. There are probably 100's of policy decisions over the past 50 years that have led us to where we are. The problem is what is he doing to fix it?

Also, Obama does bear some responsibility, as he and his Democratic friends were staunch supporters of Fanny/Freddie, which certainly played a huge role in the housing debacle.

By no means am I saying that the Republicans are blameless either. They had several years to get spending under control and failed to do so. I would put Bush in a less economically conservative category than Bill Clinton, fwiw.

#28     Dec 9, 2010
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

And yet that is exactly what they should have done, nothing.

#29     Dec 9, 2010
  10. zdreg

zdreg

but with Bill clinton u could have a nice cold beer, a discourse on history and maybe even get a woman.

#30     Dec 9, 2010