Moscow?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by EqtTrdr, Dec 31, 2006.

1. I'll try this one last time, because I can see English is not your first language. So perhaps you're misunderstanding me.

At first, I was talking about renting an apartment in lieu (instead) of a hotel. That was the $150 a day price. Yes, I know that equals $4500 a month, but no one rents those for a month. I was referring to a FEW DAYS. You were the one that brought up monthly prices. If you're going to rent an apartment with a year lease, you claimed that you'd need to spend $5000 to get anything that did not look like the picture you posted.

I said this was untrue, I have many - MANY - friends working in Moscow who are not reimbursed housing and do just fine at about $1000 a month. Don't believe me? Go talk to the expats at Expat.ru. On that site, I am "Ghost". Feel free to pm me or start a topic claiming I am wrong and watch the hundreds of expats stomp on you about it.

Lastly, you quote your friend who rented a place in Chistie Prudy - which I also said was one of the most expensive areas there is.

If you still insist I am wrong, all I can do is nod and just say "ok". I know I'm right. I lived there up until last year, and I still own property there now, off Rubsovskaya Nab.

#51     Jan 4, 2007
  2. romik

romik

Where is Rubsovskaya Nab? I've never heard of it.

#52     Jan 4, 2007
  3. Nab. is an abbreviation for naberznaya (spelled without cyrillic). Usually means on the river bank.

It's just an address.

#53     Jan 4, 2007
  4. romik

romik

I just can't place that naberezhnaya in my mind.

#54     Jan 4, 2007
  5. Try Rubtsovskaya Nab.

the ever multilingual, world-traveling Apex (who'd you expect, Viper? :D )

#55     Jan 4, 2007
  6. There are tons of addresses with "Nab." in them. It's just a complementary part of the address. For example, I worked on "Krasnopresnenskaya Nab."

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

#56     Jan 4, 2007
  7. romik

romik

I was a Muscovite once, so if I am asking a person who wasn't born there for clarification, then why would I be sarcastic? Again, not being sarcastic - I've never heard about such naberezhnaya :) Of course there is no obligation on your part to answer.

#57     Jan 4, 2007
  8. serg007

serg007

Rubtsovskaya nab. is located somewhere close to the Elektrozavodskaya metro station, on the bank of Yauza river

#58     Jan 4, 2007
  9. romik

romik

OK, he mistyped it

#59     Jan 4, 2007
  10. :confused:

#60     Jan 4, 2007