Moscow?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by EqtTrdr, Dec 31, 2006.

1. I was born in the republic of georgia (moved to the US years ago) but recently went to Moscow to visit some places. I had one problem, but nothing too serious. They didn't like that I spoke Russian with an accent and several of the females around looked down on me for that and gave me attitude. The public is definitely more rude and aggressive than i'm used to but I can't say I had any serious problems there.

As for the crime rate, I would go out during the day on my own without any problems. But at night, I was never alone. I had a fun time but I don't think I'd want to live there.. Good luck!

#11     Jan 1, 2007
  2. Bob111

Bob111

:confused::confused: :confused:

#12     Jan 1, 2007
  3. TGM

TGM

LOL. There are plenty of hot Russian Hookers still in Russia. Japan is were they are supposed to get the big coin.

Much has been made of Russian hookers but in realty there are millions of good looking Russian girls who are NOT hookers. And unfortunately for most fools......not easy either.

FWIW, I had an acquaintance that went to Medical School in Russia. Believe it or not, they have good med schools and at a great price. So anyways, he is the only American I know that has lived there for a handful of years(in other words--I trust his opinion).

He told me that he never felt threatened. The Russians can be very ethnocentric. It was not uncommon for him to be walking somewhere with some med school mates and to see a bunch of Russian Skinheads fly past them and jump some poor fool and stomp'em to death (or close to it and when I say Russian skinheads......I am not talking just a few lil kids). He said they never bother him cuz he is white. The problem comes in when you get groups from Georgia etc and low level criminals.

Anyways, that is the only contribution I can make to this thread. If you have money and/or can stay at a decent place in Moscow. You should not have problems. But have some street smarts. For instance, if you are a suave Indian trader in Moscow looking for some trim and you have yourself a hot looking russian hooker.......u might want to avoid the several hundred (or thousand) young bald men walking down the street. Let them go and stomp the shite out of some other fool.

#13     Jan 1, 2007
  4. thanks for the tip :)

I am white and my wife is Russian and speaks Russian, Ukrainian fluently and understands Farsi....:D

#14     Jan 1, 2007

5. I haven't been to japan recently, so I can't comment there. My trip to Bombay ( they call it Mumbai these days ) was for business purposes and these girls seemed to practically live at the hotel bar. Russian girls are everywhere these days. In paris the local prostitutes are complaining about wage deflation! :D

#15     Jan 1, 2007
  6. Pretty much the story. About the same info I get from my dad who has lived there for decades and doing well.

Insane inflation in Moscow, the 3% reserve ratio just might be the cause. NYC prices for the real estate, although it's more spacious. Moscow is very similiar to NYC in many aspects, including crime. A city for the young, the rich old end up moving outside the city, like Nikolino.

#16     Jan 2, 2007
  7. I lived there for several years. Wife is russian, and I speak it quite well. PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

#17     Jan 2, 2007

8. This is disturbing. I've been making preliminary plans lately for a trip to Moscow with a very close friend who served with me in the Israeli army. I can easily pass for white, but he's Druze- so he can't. I hadn't even realized that his dark-skinned appearance could present a problem until now. Taking a few cavalier safety risks is one thing, but lining ourselves up to become walking targets is another. Would hiring some local armed personal guards mitigate the problem, or should we just call off the whole thing?

#18     Jan 2, 2007
  9. TGM

TGM

Hard to say. Of the cuff, I would say---you will be fine. Just use your head. I know plenty of Russian Jews and they feel fine there. No problem (then again they are white). I would say this---if you are African. I would be careful and probably would not go. If you do......expect there to be some comments made........even by the police. St Petersburg (in the city) is the most 'multicultural' tolerant place in all of Russia (but that is not saying anything). Russians have no interest in putting in place the 'multicultural', multiracial tolerant policies on Western Europe or the US. Even if their leaders give it lip service.

Moscow is not as dangerous for foreigners who don't know what they doing.......as say----South Africa is for Whites (or anyone else) who don't know what they are doing. I know a few (former) South African traders and never in my life have I heard so many tragedies (and I grew up in Detroit). Every single one of their families has had a family member murdered or raped or both.

#19     Jan 2, 2007
  10. He's not black, he's Druze.
    Druze have an appearance very similar to that of Arabs. What do you think?

Also, is it easy to find and hire decent bodyguards for a couple days work?

#20     Jan 2, 2007