Moscow museum to exhibit Mohammed cartoons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Feb 7, 2006.

1. You mean to say all those people that fled US cities to suburbs in 70's through 90's are now coming back to reclaim their old neighborhoods and houses?

#31     Feb 11, 2006
  2. EC1

EC1

Ten years ago New York used to have 2200 murders a year.

Now it is 500.

#32     Feb 11, 2006
  3. Guiliani

#33     Feb 11, 2006
  4. EC1

EC1

Murder rate fell all across the US.
    Don't know if this global event is the result of former mayor's strategies to combat crime. Could be.

#34     Feb 11, 2006
  5. Oh, come now. When was the last time you lived in Russia? Or have you ever? I can tell you that I lived there for several years and I just got back. A few months ago. No one was kidnapped in any cities I ever heard about, unless it was IN Chechnya itself. As for bombs, things like that, yes. Events like that happen occasionally in Russia - even in Moscow. Happened twice I can think about when I was there. But this conversation is about racism, not terrorism.

I asked some of them that very same question. They told me that, despite the risks, it's still the easiest, cheapest and best education they can get. So there's your answer.

Yes, well the difference here is that the blacks "on the streets here in the USA" don't seem to have the power to carry out those stupid threats. In Russia, they DO. And they DO carry them out as the police ignore act after act of hooliganism and racism.

Ah yes. Far worse than stabbing a young girl a dozen or so times because her skin was dark. Far worse than beating a chinese student in the metro and tossing him on the tracks, WHILE the police looked on. Far worse than setting fire to the dorm of black students and killing over a dozen of them, while another 6 froze to death outside in the cold because no one would let black students in. Far worse than..well, you get the picture.

#35     Feb 14, 2006
  6. Are you white? If you are, you shouldn't have too many issues, though there are lots of things to look out for.

#36     Feb 14, 2006
  7. It is ok to visit Russia if you are very white. If you are white and happen to visit with a tan, life will be dangerous for you. They have a extremely high rate of hate crimes against any dark skinned members of their society. Russia has always been a second class nation. Even with its vast natural wealth, it will always remain a second class nation. The reason is very simple. The majority of the slavic Russian population are drunks. They spend more time drinking than they do in accomplishing productive work. Also they have forced the Jews to leave. The Jews were the brains behind most of the Soviet technological advances.

#37     Feb 14, 2006
  8. Regarding my other thread, ConMan, this is what I mean by "unintelligent debate". Where do you get off saying that the majority of the Slavic Russian population are drunks? That's a common stereotypical misconception. Care to back it up with hard stats and a source of those stats? Feel free to take your time.

And they don't force the Jews to leave. I know many Russian Jews. They have a fine life by Russian standards.

Some of you folks talk about Russia like you've been there half your life or something. In reality, those of us who HAVE lived there know you're speaking out your ass most of the time.

I will agree with you that Russia will always be a "second class" country. But not because of the people - because of the government and it's corruption.

#38     Feb 15, 2006
  9. Well, every nation has the government it deserves.

Not every russian is a drunk but statistics says that alcoholism is way more widespread in Russia than any other country: "Despite the political transformation this is still the hardest drinking nation on earth. Alcoholism is the main reason the lifespan for Russian men has dropped to just fifty-eight." http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/stories/s932631.htm
    "According to Russian government statistics, 40% of men and 17% of women are active alcoholics. One in three families has at least one addict." http://www.preventionpartnership.us/russian_project.htm

Russians don't force the jews to leave but "Putin acknowledged that antisemitism is rampant in Russia." And so is racism BTW.
    http://forward.com/main/article.php?ref=nir20050209908

#39     Feb 15, 2006
  10. EC1

EC1

Excellent point. The people are ALWAYS responsible for their goverment.

#40     Feb 15, 2006