Moscow museum to exhibit Mohammed cartoons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Cheers!

#12     Feb 7, 2006
  2. wabrew

wabrew

Is this the cartoon you are looking for?

#13     Feb 7, 2006
  3. wabrew

wabrew

More from the brits

"British banks are banning piggy banks because these may offend some Muslims. Halifax and NatWest banks have led the move to scrap the time-honoured symbol of saving from their children’s products and from their advertising. Muslims do not eat pork, as Islamic culture deems the pig to be an impure animal. Salim Mulla, secretary of the Lancashire Council of Mosques, backed the bank move. “This is a sensitive issue and I think the banks are simply being courteous to their customers,” he said.

Novelty pig calendars and toys are also being banned from social welfare offices in Britain. Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands, were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. The pigs were offensive to Muslims during Ramadan."

Go here to read the whole article http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/396

#14     Feb 7, 2006
  4. klans, dont be naive.
    communist china n russa aint on your side.
    they cant wait till jihadists destroy ya and then take over.

#15     Feb 7, 2006
  5. wabrew

wabrew

6. EC1

EC1

Russia is ambigious with relation to race in general and Islam in particular.

On one side they love them (coming from the old days, stick it to the Capitalist pigs!), on the other hand, a lot of Russians hold racist views.

IMO, placing these cartoons in a museum is not good, but it is not like white and non-whites get on like a house on fire in Moscow, eh.

#17     Feb 7, 2006
  7. People in the West need to wake up and stop lying to themselves.

There is nothing racist about reviving and protecting one's culture and national self-consciousness without interference from uncivilized hordes. You see, Russians don't beleive that multiculturalism and diversity is a good thing. They believe in One Country, One People, One Religion. Works much better that way.

#18     Feb 7, 2006
  8. EC1

EC1

Aren't there 20 millions of muslims in your country (and they are not precisely off the boat)?

#19     Feb 8, 2006
  9. Yes, and they are generally treated like shit.

Agree with estrader 100% in the one culture theory. Russians want one culture, not many. Anything outside of the "norm" is treated with disgust at the very least, and hostile aggression at the very worst.

But disagree with him in regards to the "not racist" commentary. In my life I've never seen/heard such racism as the acts I have witnessed living in Moscow. I would be happy to cite examples of what I mean.

#20     Feb 8, 2006