MOS Puts

Discussion in 'Options' started by erol, Nov 9, 2009.

1. erol

erol

2. spindr0

spindr0

I don't know what gives with TOS but in general, simulators don't offer 100% of the features of a broker's real platform.

3. erol

erol

Ok, these are dec puts. So if I had this as a real trade ID be able to close right?

I'm guessing yes but just in case. Thanks for your help.

4. spindr0

spindr0

Unless the stock has a trading halt, the options trade.

I have no clue if there are any single exchange listings anymore - I think a sort of useless thing to keep track of (g). But if there were, the only other catch might be technical difficulties at the exchange and no trading for a few minutes/hours.

5. erol

erol

awesome, thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

6. Rchemo

Rchemo

I thought "not traded" just meant that you were trying to buy or sell an option that didn't exist. Maybe you were trying to make an adjustment, and not close out the position?

7. MTE

MTE

Sometimes in TOS when the strike is not visible in the chains (i.e. you have the number of strikes set to 4, but one of the strikes is further out and it is not visible), it will say "not traded" when you create an order with that strike, even though that strike is traded. So all you have to do to fix this is to expand the number of strikes that are visible.