Mortgages

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mgabriel01, Jan 19, 2008.

1. LoL - great plan - I think youre about a year too late
    Its already been done

and now look at the mess we're in

#41     Jan 20, 2008

2. Only the big lenders can sell this crap. Fannie and Freddie aren't going to touch this and the PMI's won't insure it. Also the 95LTV knocks out a bunch of people cause they don't even have 5% to put down -- unless they're willing to give them a second on it.

Countrywide and Citimortgage did lots of 2nds on the subprime crap and they are losing their asses. Bigtime. :eek:

#42     Jan 20, 2008
  3. Wow man that's crazy! I'd definitely like to hear the rest of the info when you get a chance. Wow. Just wow.

#43     Jan 20, 2008
  4. Sure - I'll dig it up on Tuesday

#44     Jan 20, 2008

5. Reaver - what state are you in by the way?

#45     Jan 20, 2008
  6. well. i have plans of moving out of my current state - not NC. i'm trying to consider all my options including renting it out. i figure i can have a low payment that can be covered by the rent i collect, and 3-5 yrs later home values will have rebounded a little bit.

#46     Jan 20, 2008
  7. I'm in FL, great place for real estate huh? lol

#47     Jan 20, 2008
  8. Thanks, I appreciate it. Sounds very interesting.

#48     Jan 20, 2008
  9. I see what you mean in that case as far as the I/O part, but why not go for a fixed rate, just in case shit happens, you know you'll be locked at a pretty low rate? Totally up to you, as you know more about your situation than me, just throwing that out there.

I/O fixed seems like the least risky proposition at this point while still giving you a degree of flexibility.

Then again though there's more than one way to skin a cat.

#49     Jan 20, 2008
  10. #50     Jan 22, 2008