Mortgages

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mgabriel01, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Ask them for a GFE and you might notice that they have a 1 point fee as a discount point

if you were in NC and you qualified - I could re-fi you at no closing costs ---i.e -- your loan amount would not go up and you would not bring a checkbook to the closing table

#11     Jan 19, 2008

2. Not at all -- we encourage people to shop around - and they can always call the lender directly.

We have access to the wholesale product lines of most of the originators - and we are not compelled to pitch any particular product ----

no disrespect on my part either - but I often see the loan offers in originators shops pitching a particular product to capture a certain yield spread

We don't do that and we only write A paper

#12     Jan 19, 2008
  3. time to get back in the game!!!

all I sold was the MTA Option ARM w/ 3.75yspd. :)

#13     Jan 19, 2008
  4. 'loan officers'

#14     Jan 19, 2008

5. Yeah - we have been writing no-cost refis at a mile a minute pace--- the partner in my shop had 28 on the board last week

I original posted as food for thought since the guts of the sub-prime problem are the 2million odd ARMs that are 'supposed' to reset in 08

now if Im a guy sitting on a 6 3/8 arm thats gonna hit 8 this year and 9 next --- and somebody comes along and offers to refi me at 5.75 --------

of course -- thats only the 85% of the market that is 'not' subprime

just food for thought

similar thing happened in 2002/2003

#15     Jan 19, 2008
  6. and Im perfectly happy with a 1-1&3/8 yield spread
    actually happy at 3/4 of a point becaue its a pretty simple transaction

#16     Jan 19, 2008
  7. No I see what you mean man. I work at a Federal Credit Union, so we do things a little different. I just wasn't sure what the benefits would be for using a broker....

You're right though, I am sure there are plenty of LO's out there that have to pitch certain products, except they probably don't even get commission for it. lol

I have talked to some shady brokers and some ignorant LO's in my day...ha ha yeah but theat's anywhere in life..doesn't reflect on the business itself...just some sharks and weasels to be found in any market. lol

Thanks for the info.

#17     Jan 19, 2008
  8. What's that mean?

#18     Jan 19, 2008
  9. Sure - and I have only ever banked at the local credit union - my wife started the account when she was in graduate school ---- much better than the commercial banks -- I a dare say probably in better financial shape at this point

#19     Jan 19, 2008

10. in my prior post I mistyped 'loan offers' and did not want to stir confusion

#20     Jan 19, 2008