Mortgage Rates going up +6.5% now

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Trendytrader, Oct 17, 2008.

1. AK100

AK100

Funny, get the Stars & Stripes out, make sure you say 'the American people' at least once every 5 minutes plus throw in a few crappy 'marketing' slogans and bang you've got a good chance of getting the masses.

#11     Oct 17, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

They are not exactly arbitrary, but banks do set their mortgage rates somewhat loosely based upon the 10 yr.

#12     Oct 17, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Sadly true. If we Americans were at all politically savvy, neither of these jackalope candidates would even be on the ballot.

#13     Oct 17, 2008

4. at your age, one would think you'd have grown up and grown a brain.

The last time I checked, the local sewer rats don't pull the voting lever.

"naive and trusting" my ass.

more like "Stupid and demented'.

It amazes me that individuals who believe the earth is 6000 years old are allowed to run for the position of VP.

#14     Oct 17, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Oh come on. If you're making a point make it logical. Americans are not any more "stupid and demented" than any other population.

Isn't it something like 85-90% of the world's population that believe in a deity? And are not people extremely emotional about their religious beliefs? (Much like trading, I might add...)

How then is somebody going to run for office as an avowed athiest?

#15     Oct 17, 2008

6. Anyone who believes the earth is 6000 years old should not be allowed to run for office.

The majority of people who believe in the existence of a God don't think the earth is 6000 years old.

The belief is held only by a demented few. And these few have become well organized and vote in every election.

And therein is the crux of the problem.

Most of these leaders are selected during the primary process. The average level of voter participation at the primary level is less than 10%.

So what is happening is 10% of the population ends up selecting the candidates that eventually head on to the national elections. Because they're the only ones who bother to vote in the primaries.

#16     Oct 17, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

Now you got it. It's a HUGE SCAM... and designed to be protected from change.

#17     Oct 17, 2008
  8. Country, yes. Individual taxpayer, no. I never voted for this crap. And I never voted for the clowns who made this happen. I watch voting records. Where do I get my tax refund for this game?

#18     Oct 17, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Unfortunately it's human nature to be lazy and greedy.

Some of America just wants the Gummint "off of their back and out of their way".

Many more, unfortunately, are comfortable with the idea, "if somebody's going to give me something for nothing, I'll take it"....

Except it only APPEARS to be "for nothing"...

#19     Oct 17, 2008
  10. Well, you're wrong on both counts there, guy. Sorry, neither science nor history back you up. Lots of people swallow that lie just like the Fed and IRS, so don't feel too bad.

Agreed. Politics is a game to keep the pee-ons quiet, to keep them busy thinking the game of the rich and powerful is really something we can effect. I learned after Nafta that politicians are there to do what they want, without recourse of the people, because voting is a sham. Nevertheless, it is my right and I use it, for what it's worth.

Gnome is very knowledgeable on this issue.

#20     Oct 17, 2008