Mortgage Payments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, Oct 15, 2011.

#11     Oct 16, 2011
  2. Prepaying the principle is putting your money where you're never going to get your money out again. One might be better off saving that money for a future opportunity.

Yea well the numbers crunch favorably in doing this, it is a trap. What good is shvaing 5 years off the back of your mortgage when in 5 years forward you might not be able to afford the taxes (and neither will anyone else for that matter).

#12     Oct 16, 2011
  3. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. If Vinny1 can take the money extra because he not paying down principal, y make (MORE) money from investment/trade than the (front end) interest he will pay, that is good.
    Can he?

#13     Oct 16, 2011
  4. Isn't everyone saying to buy dividend paying stocks? Now of course this leads us to numbers and they make my head hurt but liquidity is worth something as opposed to dumpping more hard earned money into a declining real estate market.

#14     Oct 16, 2011
  5. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm? Yes.
    1.We have to know if poster Vinny1 buy his house on the peak of the bubble
    2. What is market value (now) of his house compare to his loan?

So is Vinny1 owe more to the bank than the house value?

Nutmeg, I still do not understand why Vinny1 make advance payment, but he is not wanting his payment to go to the principal.

#15     Oct 16, 2011
  6. You can sue anyone, any time. As to whether the Court will deem it a valid cause of action is another story. If you got your mortgage through the same entity you make payments to today, it's a matter of the contract (Note) and law. If your mortgage has been whored all around the Earth like most, it's a matter of your note, law, and as much of derivations as the thieves can get away with.

Remember, your bank is not your friend; they are the enemy. They hate you and will steal all they can.

#16     Oct 16, 2011
  7. I thought that any interest on the mortgage becomes principal the day its accrued except in the case of loans that are simple interest loans which 99.99% of mortgages are not. I say this because I have a silent second mortgage for $4k at 3% simple interest and I dont pay interest on the interest that accrues, only on the original $4k principal. On my first mortgage though, my interest just gets added to the original principal. Seems like telling the bank to pay principal on a compounding interest loan is going to save you a few cents at best.

#17     Oct 16, 2011