Morgan Stanley issues TRIPLE SELL SIGNAL

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Do you think that a 4% move has any real significant meaning in the bigger picture?

#11     Jun 7, 2007
  2. MS might be right. If I were going to put some faith in any big sell signal I'd wait until the Dines Gread/Fear Oscillator enters the Sell Zone.

#12     Jun 7, 2007
  3. I bet some clients are mad pissed. And maybe this signal will turn out to be a good call but I can see many clients who did sell jumping back on board if they have been paying attention to the euphoric orgy (CNBC) and the new all-time highs.

#13     Jul 17, 2007
  4. No way in hell can this ever turn out to be a good call.

The DOW was roughly 13300 when they issued the "triple sell". DOW printed 14000+ today.

That's a HUUUUUUGE move their clients missed....especially given that it was done in less than six weeks!!!

"Triple sell"...LMAO.

If the DOW hits 14500, will they issue a "quadruple sell"? :D

#14     Jul 17, 2007
  5. It could be - you never know.

But the fact that they made that call shocked me like WHOA. The question is why? They are playing a game of relative performance. When you go out on a limb against the crowd the risk to reward never really balances out. If they are right the praise doesn't come close to the shit they take if they are wrong.

#15     Jul 17, 2007
  6. It is funny this came up today as I was at Whole Foods yesterday and for some reason thought about Morgan's call and planned to reference the date/price of it today.

Definitely as stupid a move as any big company could make.

:D

#16     Jul 17, 2007
  7. :confused:

How could it be? The markets are up 5%+ since their sell call six weeks ago.

In fact, at no point did the markets ever close lower than when the call was made.

#17     Jul 17, 2007
  8. anything can happen...

We could be down 5% tomorrow...who really knows.

#18     Jul 17, 2007
  9. Maybe they came to this board and used MichaelScott as their market forecaster. You can be sure that was the case with the Bear Stearns fiasco. I guess I haven't given Michael enough credit.:D

#19     Jul 17, 2007
  10. Maybe that triple sell signal wasn't so bad after all...

#20     Jul 27, 2007