Morgan fires 4 after strip club visit

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by chartie, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish

In london metro newspaper today

"Female staff yesterday filed an £800 million sex discrimination case against investment bank dresdner kleinwort wasserstein. They claim women in dresdner's offices are barred from top jobs, do not receive the same pay as male colleagues and are subjected to a hostile work environment. One woman claimed a managing director regularly brought prostitutes to the bank's New York HQ during his lunch hour"

#31     Jan 10, 2006
  2. Damn I wish our lunches were that fun-filled!!!

#32     Jan 11, 2006
  3. fatrat

fatrat

Again, I wonder why I became an engineer.

No one ever brings in prostitutes when you fix a backplane bus design.

#33     Jan 11, 2006
  4. Definitely if they were dining on bearded clams.

#34     Jan 12, 2006
  5. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Boy, if they had this attitude at some of the prop firms offices I know, they'd have to fire pretty much the whole staff!

#35     Jan 12, 2006
  6. Alll I can say is that if these 4 guys were big producers for the firm then let me stay. If they are outright harrasing women while at the firm, then you would have a different story.

I just left sales. A few of my customers like strip clubs, my female manager said no problem, she just didn't want to go. As long as they keep spending, I would keep givning them dollar bills, lol :p

#36     Jan 13, 2006
  7. maybe they were clients?

#37     Jan 13, 2006
  8. cable

cable

Was this during work hours? If it was after hours, the boss can go smurf himself. It's a free country. If I tried to tell my employees they couldn't go to a strip club after work together they'd torch my car. And Jeebus it was during a conference? Does anybody actually think these "conferences" are really about work? It's usually a three hour lecture, but you're in Vegas or wherever for four or five days. And the conference part is usually optional because you're too hung over to go -- unless Soros or Jenna Jameson or somebody important like that is speaking.

Once a couple huge clients bail to the competition because Morgan won't play ball any more, they'll figure out that you catch more flies with perqs than with a boring 12% return that a lucky high-schooler could get them.

In short, the grand days of excess were legendary even if you weren't there. Bring back the crude and politically incorrect excess!

#38     Jan 15, 2006