more you want it - lesser of your chances

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by andrasnm, Nov 24, 2005.

1. It seems to me you are more interested in the glamour than in the real work.

been there done that, the glamour gets tired after you've seen it for a while. as i said, i would be happy now just sitting on the beach with a rod. disclaimer: i can't afford the glamour anymore anyway ;-)

#31     Nov 29, 2005
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Kill the dream and get real.
    You wouldn't get to first base.

#32     Nov 29, 2005
  3. You are a real ray of sunshine, aren't you? I have seen you respond in a similar manner to a number of posters who admitted to vulnerability. Yes, he has issues to resolve if he is to move forward, but it takes a special person like you to piss on someone when he's down.

Why not exercise some real power? Go step on a bug.

#33     Nov 29, 2005
  4. well said -Td

#34     Nov 29, 2005
  5. I misread the first post actually.

To reply to that post ,

In life, to be successful.

You can't just want it, you have to TAKE IT.

Sure you can be nonchalant about it after TAKING IT a few times (successful) , but if you aren't successful in taking it at least the first few times, you better not be nonchalant at all. Rampage down the street bust down the doors until you hit something/anything.

Busting doors take a lot of effort. With every door being busted down with high hopes, instead you come home empty handed with nothing, you require the motivation to get your failing ass back up and back to work day in and day out.

Most people never even get to that part which is why we have failures in life and successful people in life.

WAWTU31,
    Cheese is actually a very realistic poster,
    Either you want it or you don't.

There are no in betweens in anything $$$ related.
    To me , it tells me you don't want it enough,

just stick with the 9-5 for now.

#35     Nov 29, 2005

6. I see both sides of this. The comments by Cheese are only negative if WAWATU31 belives them to be true. On the other hand, I have had some of my greatest successes after someone gave me similar advice. I got pissed and had to focus to prove that person wrong. I had to succeed so I could crush that person like a bug!!! After doing that, my grandmother almost never criticizes me anymore. LOL.

Its pretty easy, if WAWATU31 sees he is being unrealistic, he will either lose the dream, or realize that something has to change to make the dream come true. Then he has to give it his all, and go get what he wants. Its that simple.

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the luck in the world.

#36     Nov 29, 2005
  7. Cheese

Cheese

Ok ok, I shall be more cheerful.

I noticed that WAWATU31 wants to own one of the "hoses in South Beach" which brings me to story of the Spanish fireman who had two sons.

He called his first son Jose
    And he named the second one Hose B.
    :)

#37     Nov 29, 2005

8. Thats as bad as the Italian guy that had twins. He was working late so he asked his dumb brother to name the kids as they were born. The brother told him you had twins, a girl and a boy. The brother said I named the girl "Denise" and the boy "Da-nephew"

#38     Nov 29, 2005
  9. Thank you for showing me Cheese's inner benevolence. Up is down.

#39     Nov 29, 2005

10. I am not saying Cheese was not being a dick when he made that comment, I was saying the only thing that matters is how the recipient takes the comment, and what he does with it.

#40     Nov 30, 2005