more weird stuff: emails

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kicking, Jan 28, 2004.

1. I am getting 2-3 weird emails per day since last week, always different address that I don't know with all kind of subject lines: Hi!; re: undeliverable mail; info etc. Most of those have attachment . I just deleted them without opening them even those without attachments. However I am curious, each time I want to open it to see what it is. I have a web- based email account. Usually I have to click on the attachment to download it and save . Can this stuff install itself without clicking on the attachment? Even on a email like Yahoo! or Hotmail?

2. gms

gms

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

After some heavy damage you will no longer curious about any email.

4. Isnt microsoft working on a way for people to open email without exposing the whole system to a virus? It should have been done ages ago.

5. My computer is infected. How do I get rid of this beast?

6. From Yahoo!

Computers running any of the latest versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system e-mail program are at risk of being infected, although the worm doesn't exploit any flaws in Windows or software.

Instead, MyDoom is designed to entice the recipient of an e-mail to open an attachment with an .exe, .scr, .zip or .pif extension.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040128/wr_nm/tech_worm_dc_25

I guess that means you are safe with a web-based email account

7. Ebo

Ebo

8. Thank you Intrinsic and Ebo for your help!

#10     Jan 28, 2004