More threads on the home page?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by voodoo_invest, Dec 3, 2001.

1. I think a reasonable solution would be to limit some of the less popular catagories (Tools of the Trade, Derivatives, etc) to no more than two or three 'hot' threads on the home page and use that space for the more popular threads near the top (heck, it's not like space is at a premium -- you have to scroll to get to the derivatives anyway).

I proposed this a long time ago, and so did a few other people. Let's take a poll and see how many people would like that change.

voodoo

2. Good idea. That would be a nice compromise between the old (which I preferred) and the new.

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Both the old way (which I also prefer) and the new way are certainly workable, but I hope Baron is open to the possiblity of a compromise in this regard.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm working on a compromise. I know it seems like this is taking forever but trust me, I'm working on it. My priorities at the moment are doing the software ratings system and integrating some additional features into the broker ratings system.

For the time being, use the following if you are fan of the old homepage.

http://www.elitetrader.com/index2.php

5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Baron,

Thanks for the link! It was like seeing an old friend again. :) Seriously, I always appreciate your efforts and trust that whatever you come up with will be an excellent, workable solution.

6. Turok

Turok

Hey Baron, for sure don't interpret any suggestions as pressure to get a move on. We love this place and know how much effort it must take you

Thanks again.

JB

7. jaan

jaan

here's another idea: why not make the number of displayed threads equal to the number of new messages on the forum, with some min/max limits applied?

for example, for each forum display max(2,min(N+1,10)) messages, where N is the number of new messages in that forum.

on a related note, it would be real nice if clicking the thread name on the home page would take you to the first unread message.

- jaan

8. Grabbit

Grabbit

Baron,

Why not place that link on the homepage: "Latest discussion Topics". No compromise...best of both worlds!

9. Baron - thanks for the link ! :)