More things change the more things remain the same

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why would YOU keep blaming Bush?

#41     Feb 14, 2012
  2. Because he left us a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit

If Obama had come into office with a 128 billion dollar surplus and turned it into a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit then I would put all of the blame on him

Obama took a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit and has currently lowered it to 900 billion and had it lower then 1.4 trillion 2 out of his 3 years in office

Bush=raises the deficit

Obama=lowers the deficit

#42     Feb 14, 2012
  3. rew

rew

Strictly speaking, neither Bush nor Obama was fully responsible for the huge increase in the deficit, as it is congress that actually passes the spending bills. The President can set the tone, and neither Bush nor Obama has shown the slightest hint of fiscal responsibility. For every new entitlement, every new war, and every new bailout, they should have insisted upon tax increases sufficient to pay for them. Then we'd see just how popular those entitlements, wars, and bailouts really are. People would be much less enamored of big government if they actually had to pay for it, and couldn't just stick the costs onto the next generation via debt.

#43     Feb 14, 2012
  4. True,but Bush set the tone for 2 unpaid for wars,unpaid for medicare drugs,his tax cuts,his government expansions etc

None of that would have happened if Gore was President

#44     Feb 14, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

I would love to know what far left site you get your numbers from..... not only is your starting number wrong, the number proposed in obamas budget is 1.36 trillion for this year....... How do you figure the deficit for this year is going to be 900 billion?

#45     Feb 14, 2012

6. Source is at the bottom of the chart

[​IMG]

#46     Feb 14, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

You see kkk47 the difference between my chart and yours, is that mine is based on facts, the chart you have provided, is based on "hypothetical future budgets" that Obama uses to fool dumbasses into just giving him 1 more chance, so that he can really get serious about the budget.

[​IMG]

#47     Feb 14, 2012

8. Another source Maxipad, Max Pi,Steelers baby,Hello,multiple current sock puppet accounts etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget

[​IMG]

Deficit

With projected receipts less than projected outlays, the budget proposed by President Bush predicts a net deficit of approximately $400 billion dollars, adding to a United States governmental debt of about $11.4 trillion. Actual tax receipts totaled approximately $2.1 trillion - significantly less than the $2.7 trillion expected. The actual deficit in 2009 was $1.4 trillion.

#48     Feb 14, 2012
  9. Wallet

Wallet

Exactly, all I see in that chart is the biggest spending increase came with a Democratic controlled Congress from 2007 through 2011. Even more extreme is the deficit chart posted, all of it came via a Democratic Blue held Congress....... and they want to blame Bush.

The 110th Congress (2007-2009) had a split in the Senate, not counting the Independents that swung blue 49/49 and a Blue House 233/198

111th Congress(2009-2011) nearly a Super Majority held by Dems, Senate held 51/47, House 256/178 ..

Compare those terms with the jumps in the charts.

[​IMG]

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html

#49     Feb 14, 2012
  10. Max E.

Max E.

HAHAHAHAHA you idiot you just proved my point.

Bush budget Requested revenue 2.7 trillion
    Bush Budget enacted Revenue 2.1 trillion

Total expenditures Requested 3.1 trillion
    Total expenditures enacted 3.6 trillion

Deficit Requested 407 billion
    Deficit enacted 1.4 trillion

WHERE DO YOU THINK THE DISCREPANCY BETWEEN WHAT IS "REQUESTED" AND WHAT IS "ENACTED" IS COMING FROM WHEN THE REAL BUDGET IS DRAWN UP AND PASSED BY CONGRESS BASED ON BUSH'S REQUESTS?!?!!

Looks like a 1 trillion dollar hole was blown in bush's request, when congress and the senate actuallty put it on a bill and passed it, now who controlled both houses at the time?

Fact of the matter is Bush was a shithead for not vetoing it, but the ones who drew up all that new spending were democrats.

#50     Feb 14, 2012