More than half of the $9 trillion in debt U.S. to accrue will be INTEREST only

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ..............................................

The ¨right¨tax rates matter as well....

It just seems that the Swiss manage a tighter ship than most countries....

Taxes are a big part of prices and therefore competitiveness....

One does not have to have a gigantic ship....a smaller tighter run ship ....is better in a lot of ways....

What would be interesting one day is to have a banking facility that would allow the actual CB rates per currency....cash on cash....instead of forex...

Then the game becomes the interest received and the currency movement....

ie 1.05x1.10x1.11x1.15....etc....

#21     Nov 19, 2009
  2. JamesJ

JamesJ

I stick to short maturity bonds mostly in CHF and EUR, and some in USD... (rolling 6 month SWAPS with a rate of the 6 month LIBOR, a synthetic product offered by my bank)

they yield almost nothing at the moment, but i'm fine in "quasi-"cash right now.

The yield will rise along possible inflation (as rates should rise along it), so you are protected to a certain degree.

you may not be aware how extremly (!!) high the correlation of inflation and short term interest rate in CHF has been.

the very superior goal of the Swiss Nationalbank is price stability...
    and the 3m interest rates have been at ("current inflation rate" + 1%) +/- 0.5% almost the whole past century.

#22     Nov 19, 2009
  3. Politicians and the UN know that. But looking around, I doubt that Americans have the guts to do what the South did 150 years ago. The second civil war would NOT be a video game on the Wii.

#23     Nov 19, 2009
  4. ................................................

Actually this is a very interesting point of impasse....

What needs to occur is debt destruction....

Question is....what entity is going to impose it ?

#24     Nov 19, 2009
  5. Debt-for-equity swap with China? California in exchange for our national bonds they hold? Throw in Oregon and Washington if they assume all other American debts?

#25     Nov 19, 2009
  6. hayman

hayman

I agree wholeheartedly !

#26     Nov 19, 2009
  7. Banjo

Banjo

I buy into this, it may take a bit longer but we will see something enormous before 2020. The globalism drive has been so obvious for so long , I just don't see how some people are oblivious to it.

#27     Nov 19, 2009
  8. the1

the1

The government has already secured a way of putting down whatever revolution rises up. Think about what has been happening over the past few weeks.

#28     Nov 19, 2009
  9. jprad

jprad

Nah, Beijing would much rather have Taiwan.

#29     Nov 19, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

The hostility wasn't necessary.

Where's this obvious connection between Eurodollars and clandestine FED loans to central banks to purchase US Treasuries? I don't see it.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

#30     Nov 20, 2009