More Than a Million May Lose Jobless Aid Due to Deficit Concern

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Apr 29, 2010.

1. achilles28

achilles28

That's all true. But it doesn't mean the high-end labor market is coming back anytime soon. If at all.

Does that mean we should pay these guys 80% of their highwater mark, into perpetuity, because we can't expect them to trade down, and actually work for a living?

That's life. We all have to work. God knows, I've worked a few embarrassing jobs.

The labor market has to readjust to new economies.

#31     Apr 30, 2010
  2. You''d be the expert on that...

#32     Apr 30, 2010
  3. achilles28

achilles28

I do support unemployment over bailouts, tho.

25K per person, per year. Then let the whole system implode.

That way, 1/3rd of the Country doesn't starve.

#33     Apr 30, 2010
  4. Just give them a land grant. One per family. Give them seeds and teach them how to farm. They'll never starve.

#34     Apr 30, 2010
  5. olias

olias

my question still remains. I know it's tough out there to find work for a lot of people. I know first-hand But why is the government paying all these people to do nothing? It's going to take some creativity, but it does seem feasible that we create jobs and actually get some shit done, rather than handing out money for nothing... over and over. One way or another that has to end

#35     Apr 30, 2010
  6. and a mobile home next to the land? the new farmers do need to sleep somewhere

#36     Apr 30, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

That's been my direction, lately. Of course, erecting shelter, electricity, water, access to medical, schools, etc factors in. Americans will be much better off if they've got some land, with animals & crops, imo.

#37     Apr 30, 2010
  8. Ivan, we've reached the point in time where the masses aren't smart enough, let alone motivated, to read the seed packet's instructions.
    Not blaming public education, rather, their parents.

#38     Apr 30, 2010
  9. Does your mommy still wipe your butt?

#39     Apr 30, 2010